Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
He won't make it out of the 1st round.

New York, Indy or Minny will take him.

Okay, so even if he doesn't make it out of the 1st... like I said, he's fallen far enough that we could have traded up to get him. Just throwing it out there.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Okay, so even if he doesn't make it out of the 1st... like I said, he's fallen far enough that we could have traded up to get him. Just throwing it out there.

Unfortunately, getting a 1st rounder this year would cost a 1st and 2nd next year.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Why do people like Taylor Mays? He cant cover..

He's definitely not the best safety, but if he goes in the 2nd, that's great value. Yes, he has his problems - takes bad angles, doesn't play up to physical ability... but if you have a shot at him in the 2nd, you take him.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
Unfortunately, getting a 1st rounder this year would cost a 1st and 2nd next year.

I know, which is why I definitely wouldn't want to trade up this year - not worth it... but like I was saying, if we still had our 2nd round pick, it makes it a lot more doable.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:47 AM)
Taylor Mays is an Oakland Raiders pick. Fantastic athlete, but he's not a great football player and is not a play-maker (albeit he has the skill set to be one).

He was terrible last season. You described him perfectly.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
He's definitely not the best safety, but if he goes in the 2nd, that's great value. Yes, he has his problems - takes bad angles, doesn't play up to physical ability... but if you have a shot at him in the 2nd, you take him.

Why is that great value? because hes big? fast? sometimes it only matters if you can actually play, which sometimes Mays hasn't shown the ability to do with his physical tools..

Well I wonder what's going to happen to Roy Williams after this, getting $15M this season to be probably nothing more than a 3rd or 4th WR, ouch.

Got mixed feelings on the pick, because the Cowboys went away from the low character guys last season and it brought them success.

Bryant's is probably a top 5 guy in this draft on talent though, and him and Miles Austin (not Austin Miles you dumb f*** Steve Young) could make one hell of a 1-2 WR combo going forward.

I would have loved Earl Thomas is he slipped because we really need that CF type of FS, but Seattle nabbed him at 14 (and had IMO the best of the draft so far getting him and Okung tremendous value for each pick).

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
Why is that great value? because hes big? fast? sometimes it only matters if you can actually play, which sometimes Mays hasn't shown the ability to do with his physical tools..

Pretty much... yeah. Just b/c he hasn't lived up to his potential doesn't mean he's a "terrible" safety as some said. That's ridiculous to call him terrible. Yeah, he's not as good as he could be but he's still better than anything the Bears have, which is why I said if the Bears still had their 2nd round pick and he was available (or a few picks away to be able to trade up), then I would have been in favor of taking him.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
Well I wonder what's going to happen to Roy Williams after this, getting $15M this season to be probably nothing more than a 3rd or 4th WR, ouch.

Can Williams be released at no cost to Dallas?

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
Who have they chosen in the top 10?

well, no one in the top 10, but Lynch was the 12th overall pick and McGahee was 23rd overall.

There were a ton of other places they could have gone with that pick, but Spiller isn't the worst case scenario. Atleast he's got freakishly good talent.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
Taylor Mays is an Oakland Raiders pick. Fantastic athlete, but he's not a great football player and is not a play-maker (albeit he has the skill set to be one).

He reminds me alot of Daniel Manning actually.. cept he was in a bigger school. Has all the ability, but football I.Q. is lacking. I was literally laughing at the Tebow pick.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
Can Williams be released at no cost to Dallas?

Don't think so.

It's an uncapped year anyway, so it's not like that's going to stop Jerry Jones or anything.

I think he'll stick around unless he demands to be let go to be a #1 WR again. And last season showed he clearly isn't that type of player anymore.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
well, no one in the top 10, but Lynch was the 12th overall pick and McGahee was 23rd overall.

There were a ton of other places they could have gone with that pick, but Spiller isn't the worst case scenario. Atleast he's got freakishly good talent.

But now they force themselves to trade a RB for below cost and even if they do they're 2 deep at that position when the rest of their roster is incredibly weak, in particular on both of the lines.

It's a Lions move.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
My friend was reading a Broncos board and he said in the minutes leading up to the pick some of the posters saw it coming and they were like "oh please God no"

It's not the dumbest pick of all time, but it's pretty darn stupid. That whole Broncos organization is a complete mess right now. What a joke.

Tebow very well may be the greatest human being to have ever walked the earth since Jesus (I'm exaggeration here), but he's going to be a BAD NFL QB. I think he throws a lazy ball with not a lot of speed or accuracy from what I've seen. I'd go as far as to say he's not as good as Rex was.