Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 12:33 PM)
I also believe the Pack at home would be easier then Atlanta in Atlanta, but that's enough looking ahead for me.

I'm not completely sold on that thought, with the way the Packers have been playing, and with the turf helping the Bears defensive speed. That being said, it only matters if they beat the Sea Chickens. I think it could be a tough game, the Bears were playing like s*** in October, but they were still manhandled at home by them.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)
Agreed. I think people are forgetting that the Seahawks offense has to play against the Bears defense. I have confidence in the Bears against Seattle even if the offense doesn't light it up. There's no way Seattle puts up 40 points again, that's a given. And Marshawn Lynch and the Seahawks running game has been horrible all year. I'm not going to let 1 amazing 67 yard run scare me. Not to mention I'll put the Bears special teams up against about anybody in the NFL. The Bears SHOULD handle the Seahawks, especially at home, but this is the NFL. Anything can happen.

The Seahawks running game has been the best it has been all year the last two weeks. 141 against the Rams and 149 against the Saints.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
The Seahawks running game has been the best it has been all year the last two weeks. 141 against the Rams and 149 against the Saints.

Those 2 teams were #22 and #17 respectively in rushing yards per attempt and #16 and #17 in total rushing yards given up this year.

They face #6 in YPA and #2 in total rushing yards given up this week.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
Those 2 teams were #22 and #17 respectively in rushing yards per attempt and #16 and #17 in total rushing yards given up this year.

They face #6 in YPA and #2 in total rushing yards given up this week.

Hopefully they can carry the momentum into Chicago.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
It Appears that Ron Rivera will finally get a head coaching job (Carolina), adding yet another former Bear player to the NFL head coaching ranks.

Good hire for them. Now they need someone to handle their offense.

I read somewhere, not sure if it's true or not, that Rivera's first choice as OC is Ron Turner. If it's true that would be f***ing hilarious.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
Not really as there is no guaranty that Starks wouldnt have been on the practice squad and claimed by another team.

Starks wouldn't have taken Garrett Wolfe's special teams job anyway, so a roster spot may have been tough to find.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
Pretty embarrassing considering Lefeavor is no more.

And Starks also looks pretty damn good. He's easily the best back on GB right now.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
Starks has one game and now the f***ing entire world wants to jizz in a Green Bay Packers sock.

Let's all take it easy.

+1

I've been checking out Packer forums and they are convinced they now have a running game :lol:

Sorry but one good game doesn't make you a solid running team.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 06:25 AM)
It's not as if Bears fans haven't overreacted to a late season performance by a fresh player before. Remember all the talk about Aromashodu before the season?

I still like a tall, fast WR....not sure if he was hurt or they just don't like him anymore. He had a couple catches the first couple games then never saw him again.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
I still like a tall, fast WR....not sure if he was hurt or they just don't like him anymore. He had a couple catches the first couple games then never saw him again.

Martz supposedly has been really unhappy with him the whole season.