Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
New Tim Tebow commercial sucks.

Is that the one with him working out and saying "No one thought....."?

I liked the part where he said something like, "No one thought I would get a D-1 scholarship" of "No one thought I could win the Heisman." Uhhh hey Tim, you were one of the top high school prospects after your first year at UF, people were already hyping you up. Let's not exaggerate or anything...

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 07:01 AM)
Is that the one with him working out and saying "No one thought....."?

I liked the part where he said something like, "No one thought I would get a D-1 scholarship" of "No one thought I could win the Heisman." Uhhh hey Tim, you were one of the top high school prospects after your first year at UF, people were already hyping you up. Let's not exaggerate or anything...

That commercial makes it sound like he's smaller than Drew Brees or something. You are 6-3, 245, shut the f*** up, no one questioned whether you belong on a football field.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
Stupid rule but not having that rule would leave a huge gray area. You cant have refs deciding what the player's intentions are.

We also can't have the NFL telling us what football is. I know what a incomplete pass is and what a fumble is, most people do. It is the most ludicrous rule ever.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 07:01 AM)

I had to look it up. On Scout, they have him as a 5-star, 3rd ranked QB recruit in the country. What a douchebag.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 08:39 AM)
We also can't have the NFL telling us what football is. I know what a incomplete pass is and what a fumble is, most people do. It is the most ludicrous rule ever.

those hi def cameras make everyone view a super slo mo play in a different way. Im not defending the rule, but I agree with the gray area comment

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
those hi def cameras make everyone view a super slo mo play in a different way. Im not defending the rule, but I agree with the gray area comment

They have dissected it too damn much. Unless the ball is released in a passing motion and then instantly knocked out of the air, it can be considered an incomplete pass. Anything else should be a fumble. You're tucking it and get it knocked out = fumble. You're just starting your throwing motion and a defender drills you from behind causing your arm to go forward and the ball to fly forward = fumble. You try to stop your arm mid throw and the ball slips falling forward = fumble. I mean come on a pass is a pass. A deliberate release of the ball from the QB's fingers. Anything else...free ball. They have changed the basic rules of the sport.

Someone I know just posted this to facebook:

***WARNING*** The National Weather Service has issued a falling bird warning for Chicago Sunday starting at 12:00pm and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling Seahawks could be heavy at times especially around the Soldier Field area. Heavy accumulation is likely!*REPOST ALL OVER BEARS NATION!!!! WE ARE... EVERYWHERE!!!!! GO BEARS!!!!!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
I am so tired of people who haven't cared about the Bears all year posting on FB how excited they are that they got a free ticket to Sunday's game.

And yes, it's sour grapes.

I know how you feel. These girls in their twenties at work are all excited about going. I'm sure they will have facebook pics of themselves with the game going on behind them.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
I know how you feel. These girls in their twenties at work are all excited about going. I'm sure they will have facebook pics of themselves with the game going on behind them.

Yup my sister-in-law and my wife's best friend are both randomly going. You could not pay them to sit and actually watch a Bears game on tv, but both have fresh statuses about it.

Bah.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
Someone I know just posted this to facebook:

Logged on to facebook and saw that posted twice.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
I am so tired of people who haven't cared about the Bears all year posting on FB how excited they are that they got a free ticket to Sunday's game.

And yes, it's sour grapes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)

Ditto. I couldn't care less but the bandwagon is definitely overflowing right now.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
Interesting factoid:

Last week, Joe Flacco set the Baltimore Ravens record for TD's thrown in a playoff game. With 2.

I'm shocked to see the great Trent Dilfer doesn't own that record...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 11:58 PM)
Picks for the weekend:

Pittsburgh -3

Green Bay +2

New England -8.5

Interestingly, the Bears line has not moved all week...kind of crazy.

I wonder what the Seahawks line is because I'd bet on it. At those lines, I'd also take Pittsburgh and New England. I will take Atlanta and you can have your stinkin two points.