Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
Jay Cutler or the triple headed monster of Orton/Quinn/Tebow?????

lol, IMO, this is a no brainer, it's Cutler everyday and twice on Sunday... I don't think any of that triple header is very good, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Quinn just because I think he has a higher upside.

I really think the Tebow pick was one of the worst picks I've seen in a long time, I don't see him being a starting QB on the NFL level, but hey, I'm not paid millions to make those decision so what do I know!!!

IMO Stl has to be kicking themselves, they could have had Suh or another player with the first overall and still got Clausen with the first pick in the 2nd and saved paying the #1 QB price, barring a miracle and a new collective bargaining agreement isn't reached. I like Bradford slightly better than Clausen, but not QB #1 money first 2nd round money more.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I've mentioned this before, but if you're an NFL fan, you really should subscribe to Glazer's twitter account, that guy is on top of his stuff, he was a few minutes ahead of TV yesterday and consistently ahead of ESPN, Si, etc. on a regular basis. Even if you have twitter, I think you should make this one exception!

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 12:13 PM)
Team that might take a QB in round 2

Vikings

Buccaneers

Chiefs

Browns

Raiders

Dolphins

Bills

Panthers

49ers

Steelers

Cardinals

Seahawks

LOL, joke much?

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
Henne's not that much better than Clausen in overall QB skill and he's barely better than McCoy.

I've watched him in a few games.

You're hilarious

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
You're hilarious

Im not saying the dolphins are looking to replace Henne, but if they come up and one of Clausen or McCoy is available and considered the best player on the board, it makes sense to find a quality backup that could possibly challenge for the starting position in the near future

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
Im not saying the dolphins are looking to replace Henne, but if they come up and one of Clausen or McCoy is available and considered the best player on the board, it makes sense to find a quality backup that could possibly challenge for the starting position in the near future

With time under their belts, either Clausen or McCoy could easily compete with Henne.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)

There is ZERO chance that Miami has either one of those QBs as their best player on their board right now, or anywhere close for that matter..

Aside from the fact that they absolutely love Chad Henne and already have 4 QBs on their roster, there is just no way that they are going to ignore their other positions of need (OLB, FS) to take a QB.. I can promise you that..

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
There is ZERO chance that Miami has either one of those QBs as their best player on their board right now, or anywhere close for that matter..

Aside from the fact that they absolutely love Chad Henne and already have 4 QBs on their roster, there is just no way that they are going to ignore their other positions of need (OLB, FS) to take a QB.. I can promise you that..

I would of told you yesterday that there was ZERO chance that Denver had Tebow as the best available pick at 25.

The fact is, you dont know. You could speculate, but you dont know. And I never said it had anything to do with wanting to replace Henne, but in the NFL, guys move around and you need to have a backup plan. Who is even backing him up now? Cleo Lemon still? Please.

edit: tyler thigpen and pennington arent anything to be overly excited about, and neither is Pat White

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
I would of told you yesterday that there was ZERO chance that Denver had Tebow as the best available pick at 25.

The fact is, you dont know. You could speculate, but you dont know. And I never said it had anything to do with wanting to replace Henne, but in the NFL, guys move around and you need to have a backup plan. Who is even backing him up now? Cleo Lemon still? Please.

Except that's not true at all, Denver had to trade up to get Tebow because of how much they wanted him.. they weren't sitting there at 25 and where like, oh man Tebow is here we really need help somewhere else but man hes our best player..

Denver went out of their way to move up to take a player who would have been there anyways..

Cleo Lemon? This is why I hate when people make comments about team they have absolutely no clue about, Chad Pennington is backing him up..

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
edit: tyler thigpen and pennington arent anything to be overly excited about, and neither is Pat White

Actually Thigpen and Pennington are both quality backups..

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
ok sure.

I dont know how you cant see Pennington as a solid backup....... Also with Henne being so young it makes 0 sense for the Dolphins to waste a pick on a QB when there are other players available that can actually help the current team.

All i said was there was a possibility. Not probability, I didnt say it was a position of need, i didnt say it was going to happen. Teams do strange things on draft days. I agreed with TRU that they like Henne, and I will continue to say that they are not looking to replace him, but many teams like to map out plan B just in case plan A blows out his knee in the first preseason workout.

I actually don't think there is any possibility that the Dolphins draft a QB. I know they've been shopping Thigpen, but he's a decent backup, Pennington is a good backup, and, quite frankly, Pat White is a good backup as a Michael Vick lite. There's just no way they would draft either Clausen or McCoy unless they fell to, like, the 4th or 5th round, and that won't happen.

Thinking about Colt McCoy, he reminds me of Trent Edwards when he was coming out - good at a lot of things, not great at anything. Edwards has had like 2 more shoulder surgeries since then and his arm strength seems to be shot.

I still think the Bills should look into getting Campbell from Washington and then drafting a developmental QB like Skelton.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
I actually don't think there is any possibility that the Dolphins draft a QB. I know they've been shopping Thigpen, but he's a decent backup, Pennington is a good backup, and, quite frankly, Pat White is a good backup as a Michael Vick lite. There's just no way they would draft either Clausen or McCoy unless they fell to, like, the 4th or 5th round, and that won't happen.

Thinking about Colt McCoy, he reminds me of Trent Edwards when he was coming out - good at a lot of things, not great at anything. Edwards has had like 2 more shoulder surgeries since then and his arm strength seems to be shot.

I still think the Bills should look into getting Campbell from Washington and then drafting a developmental QB like Skelton.

McNabb is to injury prone for them to move Campbell

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)

Ima go out on a limb and say that one of Claussen/McCoy will be a Bill when today is over. Whether that is by trade or one fell to them. Then again.. I can see a team like the 49ers trading up as well. (I still can't see them trusting Alex Smith)

Edited by SoxAce

Holy crap. As bad as Berman is, he is making this coverage seem awkward. Don't draft a QB cuz you don't want to offend Favre? Really?

Not too mention he doesn't seem able to speak very well.