Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
Thank you, Bears, for doing exactly what you should have there - Major Wright is a guy who impressed the hell out of me whenever UT played Florida.

He has a good name, that's a start.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mulligan/21...mully23.article

Mike Mulligan could GM instead of Angelo.

The priority is the secondary, where the Bears are looking for a starting free safety and depth at cornerback. They will take a safety for the sixth straight year and hope to do it with the No. 75 overall selection in tonight's third round. If Florida's Major Wright is there, he'll be the pick.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
Clausen to Carolina

Tate to Seattle

I think that both places are good for them to succeed in the NFL.

Speaking of Tate, I never really realized how small he is until I saw him at a bar in Knoxville last weekend. Even though I knew it was him, it was just hard to believe b/c he looked so average among everyone else.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
It'll be interesting to see if Wright can stay healthy at the NFL level. He loves to go for the big hits but he is on the small side.

Isn't that pretty much all safeties? I mean it's not like Sean Taylor was a hulking behemoth of a man and he's the tallest one I can think of, and we know Taylor was never afraid of the big hit either. They're all about 6 feet 200 lbs, give or take. Wright seems about exactly average size.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 02:48 AM)
Wright had like 2 pass breakups all season and lost his job to a Freshman.. just sayin

Ya.. that freshman is Will Hill (top 3 high school safety prospect), who scouts say is as good as Eric Berry RIGHT NOW. God knows what he'll be like 3 years down the line. Plus Hill started the last two games. Wright played the first 14.

Imagine if Payne won the SS job for the Bears. Oh the marketing (not to mention the boradcasters) will have a field day of "witty" puns on that one for Wright/Payne. Still think the better potential D. Manning will get it (which suits him as the Bears can finally stop moving him around) and hopefully he won't.. you know.. suck. I would still draft Rob Johnson though as he's more of a pure FS (for depth as well) as I think Wright will be a better SS (Wright already is our best safety right now regardless) but that's just me. Wouldn't mind a OT/DB today though.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 01:53 AM)
as I think Wright will be a better SS (Wright already is our best safety right now regardless) but that's just me.

He definitely fits the SS mold..

I wasn't trashin your pick, I was just sayin..

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
All i said was there was a possibility. Not probability, I didnt say it was a position of need, i didnt say it was going to happen. Teams do strange things on draft days. I agreed with TRU that they like Henne, and I will continue to say that they are not looking to replace him, but many teams like to map out plan B just in case plan A blows out his knee in the first preseason workout.

Ok well ANYTHING is a possibility..

But teams don't diverge from their A plan and take a B player that early in the draft, "just in case"..

I mean, that's like the Colts taking Claussen or McCoy just in case Peyton Manning gets seriously hurt.. you know why they have never done something like that? because its stupid to draft based on just in cases..

The Dolphins got a starting DE (Starks moves to NT), they got a starting OLB, and they got a starting G..

If they would have taken Claussen or McCoy in the 2nd round I would have been furious because QB is not a need at all for them but the defense is a major need.. thankfully, they are addressing it..

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 10:50 AM)
I like Wooten as a player... but no s*** the Bears would draft a defensive lineman. What a surprise. Angelo just can't help himself.

Even after signing Peppers, they let Brown and O-Gun go and had Adams die. That's 3 linemen out, 1 in, 2 if you count moving Adams.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)
Even after signing Peppers, they let Brown and O-Gun go and had Adams die. That's 3 linemen out, 1 in, 2 if you count moving Adams.

I understand that... which is why cutting Brown in the 1st place was dumb. Like I said, I understand why they took a DE and I like Wootton. But the Bears shouldn't have had to take a DE b/c they never should have cut Brown.

Edited by dasox24