Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
gz it's only monday and i'm already sick of the overconfident packer fans :(

w/ the pack taking out the number 3 and number 1 seed already confidence should be high. especially the way they handled atlanta on saturday. it will be a good game no matter what. Im hoping the packers blow the bears out early so i can focus more on my daughters bday party that day

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 05:36 PM)
According to the Green Bay Press Gazette, Greg Jennings was quoted saying "I'm more worried about who we going to be playing in the superbowl, not the Bears. We already there , in my opinion we already there, ain't no game to be played Sunday, we already there."

Where'd you get that quote? Can't find it online anywhere.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
Even as a Bears fan, I'm surprised they are only 3 point dogs. Even at home. Still dumb for Jennings and Grant to be saying that stuff. You don't give another team bulletin board material like that.

if you need bulletin board material to get up for a game against your division rivals in the NFC Championship game i think you shouldn't be there in the first place, not saying that the packers should talk all the crap they want (personally i think they should just shut up and play the game) i just think that this wont give the bears any extra motivation as they are already playing the underdog card in the first place

Its not about bulletin board material, its about the psychological mindset of your opponent. Regardless of being a divisional opponent or Super Bowl, there are going to be some teams, people etc, that you just dont llike. And that little bit more of incentive may be the difference.

Bears may not need it, but if I was the coach, I would take anything I can get. So if Jennings wants to focus more on the Super Bowl than the Bears, so be it.

As for the underdog, Im sure that in public the Bears will say they are the underdog, but in private Im sure they believe that they are the better team. Packers dont respect the Bears, im fine with that.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
gz even John Moon Mullin picking the Pack to win this one. He was one of the few who picked the Bears to finish strong after the bye week.

Nobody is going to give the Bears a shot this week. The Packers were the bangwagon jam packed with media people even before the Atlanta game. That combined with the Bears beating a below .500 team will do nothing to change that. It's irrelevant too, virtually nobody picked the Seahawks over the Saints or the Jets over the Patriots either.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Nobody is going to give the Bears a shot this week. The Packers were the bangwagon jam packed with media people even before the Atlanta game. That combined with the Bears beating a below .500 team will do nothing to change that. It's irrelevant too, virtually nobody picked the Seahawks over the Saints or the Jets over the Patriots either.

Goes to show what the so-called experts know...if the Bears do beat the Packers on Sunday (and I think they will), I bet the Bears still won't get no respect from the media.

I don't care, I love the Bears proving everyone wrong.

The Bears are getting plently of respect. I could post links to about 30 articles talking about how good the Bears D has been this year, what Martz has done and so on. Because people are picking the other team to win by 3 points is not a knock. No one is picking either team to win by 4 touchdowns.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
The Bears are getting plently of respect. I could post links to about 30 articles talking about how good the Bears D has been this year, what Martz has done and so on. Because people are picking the other team to win by 3 points is not a knock. No one is picking either team to win by 4 touchdowns.

giving three to the away opponent is pretty significant

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
Considering the Packers haven't been behind by more than seven, well, yet this season, I'd say they have a chance.

I really think this game will come down to special teams and what Jay Cutler shows up.

After that Jets game I'm not sure I can officially doubt you again...but I can't narrow down what might cost either team this game. The Bears lost the last game because their defense finally broke for a long pass play at the end, because Forte didn't get the ball enough, because their ST didn't score a big play, their defense didn't really create turnovers, because the O-Line couldn't hold back GB, and because Cutler had an inaccurate day. Change any of those and the Bears still probably win the last game.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)
Considering the Packers haven't been behind by more than seven, well, yet this season, I'd say they have a chance.

I really think this game will come down to special teams and what Jay Cutler shows up.

That's a scary stat to hear as a Bears fan