Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
I don't recall where but I believe I read that the video shows a receiver ran totally the wrong route and that was a timing pattern/throw.

no way johnny knox should have ran behind the guy like that.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
Us against the world schtick? Care to elaborate? Also I didnt realize Ted Bruschi was the authority on who is the favorite to win a game...

Almost every Bears fan I know has said, "We get no respect, no one is picking else, blah blah blah". You have evidence of two guys prominent in Sports Media and you complain they're not good enough or it doesn't matter that they came from them, it has to come from someone Bears fans respect. C'mon now.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
Too high scoring. BTW, Ted Bruschi also picked the Bears. So this whole, "Us against the world" schtick needs to stop. It's ridiculously dumb.

yeah, there's others picking the Bears, I know the playoffs are a different animal, but the last game of the regular season had to sway some people, the Bears D is the only one to slow that offense down lately.

I'm a Bears fan, but if forced to pick I would favor the Pack, but by no means do I think the Bears have no chance, if Peppers and Harris have crazy games the Bears are in excellent shape and throw in the wildcard of the the Soldier Field turf being actual garbage and this should be a close game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
I don't recall where but I believe I read that the video shows a receiver ran totally the wrong route and that was a timing pattern/throw.

Bears receivers are average at best, yes Cutler makes some bad decisions but he gets zero help from is receivers, he flat out has nobody who will make a play on the ball, if it isn't thrown nearly perfect it has little chance of being a reception.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
Bears receivers are average at best, yes Cutler makes some bad decisions but he gets zero help from is receivers, he flat out has nobody who will make a play on the ball, if it isn't thrown nearly perfect it has little chance of being a reception.

True. No one on their team can make a jump ball catch. That's what the Bears really need. Someone who can go up against another defender and you know he'll come down with it in the end zone. Everyone on the Bears is a throw it over the top type of guy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)

That is fact. Knox got bumped out on the route and when you are a wideout and you are running that type of a pattern, the QB is relying on the QB to get to that point. If he doesn't, you can be in deep crap.

I can safely say that Cutler's decision making (to date) has been much much improved than it was a season ago. He'll still make dumb throws, but if you watch every QB in this league, you'll see plenty of "dumb" throws. That goes if you are Peyton Manning or Tom Brady too.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
Almost every Bears fan I know has said, "We get no respect, no one is picking else, blah blah blah". You have evidence of two guys prominent in Sports Media and you complain they're not good enough or it doesn't matter that they came from them, it has to come from someone Bears fans respect. C'mon now.

I guess I didnt look at it from your unbiased perspective. I didnt realize you had every Bears fan you know saying "We get no respect, no one is picking us* blah blah blah." Couple that with TWO prominent sports media types (Skip Bayless and Ted Bruschi) picking the Bears and I can totally see where youre coming from.

EVERY teams fanbase tries to play the underdog card at one time or another. The Bears are underdogs at home against a team theyve beaten this year at Soldier Field and are pretty universally expected to lose. If the team or the fans want take it as disrespectful or have a chip on their shoulder then get over it. I dont think a lot of us are THAT surprised by the love the Packers are getting, their playoff wins have been very impressive, but at the end of the day people like cheering for the underdog.

Also, the only reason Skip Bayless is picking the Bears is because he went to Vanderbilt.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
True. No one on their team can make a jump ball catch. That's what the Bears really need. Someone who can go up against another defender and you know he'll come down with it in the end zone. Everyone on the Bears is a throw it over the top type of guy.

I know he was a complete non-factor in Minny and with Tennessee, but I still say Moss would have been worth the gamble for the Bears, but hey, they got to where they are with what they have, hopefully Sunday goes well!

BEARS 48 packers 2

Seriously, though, I think Bears win 17-14. I think the Bears defense can handle Rodgers, and I think Cutler plays really well. Like most games, this game will be all about ball control, and when we were talking about the necessity of a running game, this is the game people were talking about. If

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
BEARS 48 packers 2

Seriously, though, I think Bears win 17-14. I think the Bears defense can handle Rodgers, and I think Cutler plays really well. Like most games, this game will be all about ball control, and when we were talking about the necessity of a running game, this is the game people were talking about. If

Jesus... you are the definition of a jinx.

Here is what league spokesman Greg Aiello said via Twitter:

Game Ops folks say Soldier Field is in good shape. Field is tarped w/ hot blowers under the tarp and heating coils under the field.

The heating coils under Soldier Field are 70 yards wide, extending beyond the field border that is 53.33 yards (160 feet) wide.

Another point re: Soldier Field. Surface is all grass, not painted dirt. Grass is browning some as grass does in Chicago in January.

Field re-sodded Dec 1 w/new turf installed between sidelines. So turf from sidelines out is firm, but not frozen + continues to be heated.

Since re-sod of Soldier Field, 3 games played, no other events. Heat-8" below surface. Temp kept at 51 degrees. Heating extends to benches.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
so I've picked against the packers every week since the giants game and they've won. so it's time to pick the packers. :)

here's hoping:

bloodyxg.jpg

lol. This is awesome. I've actually got that Bears picture as the screen saver on my phone, minus the Rodgers part, of course.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 08:39 AM)
:headbang :headbang

I loved that game.

FINISH HIM!

MK started the whole 'violent' video game genre. I remember playing that game for HOURS at a time. And then when Columbine happened [i was only 16 at the time], my mom tried to get my dad to forbid me from playing the game. lol. They fell for the video game violence bulls*** contributing to school shootings. Pretty lame.