Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 12:17 PM)
So according to Todd McShay, Dan LeFevour a guy who completed 70% of his passes his SR year had no accuracy.

I think LeFevour must have f***ed McShay's wife or something. Everyone else on that set sees qualities in LeFevour but McShay hates the guy.

I really hate that the NFL spread out the draft like this. I understand the NFL is looking to increase it's revenue by putting the first round in primetime, however, I reallymiss being able to spend all saturday and sunday pouring over the draft. What's more, on Thursday the draft was up against NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs and the MLB . . . I'm sure the draft still got big ratings but I can't believe that the ratings jumped exponentially by moving the 1st round to Thursday.

Jonathan Crompton in the 5th round! Man, a year ago at this time I would have never imagined he'd be drafted. He had maybe the worst season of any QB in Tennessee history his Junior year.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
The Bears got LeFevour? That's a pretty damn good pick. He's a guy who actually has a chance to be a damn good QB.

I know nothing of the guy. Can you give me a scouting report and why did he fall to the 6th?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
I know nothing of the guy. Can you give me a scouting report and why did he fall to the 6th?

Very very fast for a QB, good at making plays with his feet and throws on the run. Good accuracy, questionable arm strength. One question mark is that he has taken most of his snaps out of the shotgun, and has questionable mechanics

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
Very very fast for a QB, good at making plays with his feet and throws on the run. Good accuracy, questionable arm strength. One question mark is that he has taken most of his snaps out of the shotgun, and has questionable mechanics

This seems like a good value pick, but . . . don't we have much bigger holes than QB? This pick reeks of Martz's influence, I bet he really likes what he sees in this kid.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
I am just watching the ESPN piece on him now. VERY impressive individual. I'd LOVE to see him on the Bears.

He seems like a the type of player Lovie Smith would like, humble, cerebral, articulate . . . basiscally the anti-Devin Hester

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)

Cas he played at Central Michigan. The guy was a beast at QB. The main concerns is that he did not play in the pro-style offense and his arm strength is not that of Jay Cutler's. With that said, he can still make any throw and with pretty great accuracy. He's also 6'3 and has a great IQ for the game. He reminds me of Chad Pennington before his first surgery in terms of accuracy and touch. I would say he's a better playmaker than Pennington though. He can make good throws on the run. He's going to need like 2 years on the bench to learn a pro style system though. Many thought he was a 3rd, possibly 2nd round talent.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
I wish the Bears would take a flier on Myron Rolle.

He or Tony Washington (stuff with his sister has really hurt his stock) I would love the Bears to take. Both have great upside. Both would be great picks in the 7th.