Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
Yep. They pass on Washington and Capers. Anyone got a scouting report on him?

NFL.com shows nothing about him... not even Height or Weight lol

CBS shows Webb, OT

Height: 6-8 | Weight: 328 | College: West Texas A&M.

GENERAL: This talented Metroplex product earned numerous postseason honors for his offensive line play a year ago. Extremely intelligent with good athleticism for his size, Webb enters the 2009 season as one of the top offensive lineman in the Division II ranks.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
NFL.com shows nothing about him... not even Height or Weight lol

He was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school and committed to Texas, but had troubles at UT and ended up moving to WT A&M to finish his career.

He's about 6'8 320. WT has a great D II program and has several NFL guys now.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
I maybe alone, but I don't get the Bears drafting a QB there when you have other needs.

They're certainly not deep at QB, Hanie's their backup, and if they can ever develop him to the point where he had a few decent games, suddenly they're holding a guy they can deal for a first.

Mel Kiper said he would have been the #4 QB in the draft in terms of talent, but he needs a lot of fundamentals/technique work. In the 6th round, when you're 2 deep at QB, there's nothing wrong with that.

Official Bears Draft board...

RD 3, 11 (75) - S Major Wright, Florida

RD 4, 11 (109) - DE Corey Wootton, Northwestern

RD 5, 10 (141) - CB Joshua Moore, Kansas State

RD 6, 12 (181) - QB Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan

RD 7, 11 (218) - OT J'Marcus Webb, West Texas A&M

Unofficial list of Bears UDFA:

Juice Williams, QB, Illinois (Tryout)

Greg Mathews, WR, Michigan

Quentin Scott, S, UNI

Freddie Barnes, WR, Bowling Green

Desi Cullen, P, UConn (Tryout)

Mike Mayberry, LB, Indiana

Cornelius Brown, CB, UTEP

Brandon Minor, RB, Michigan

Lawrence Wilson, DE, OSU

Levi Horn, OT, Montana

Antonio Robinson, WR, Nicholls State

Barry Turner, DE, Nebraska

Tim Walter, C, CSU

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 01:49 AM)
Man do I hate when the Bears don't draft an OL until the end of the draft.

Drove me nuts too bro. And I'm a big fan of LeFevour (great upside, just an impressive athlete) but the thing is we gambled to take a pro bowl young QB (Cutler) last year, so I didn't like that pick too. If we had Orton/Hanie, etc.. still, I would love the pick even more. Here's hoping the young Lance Louis can be a stud for us at LG for years to come. (though I think they will go for Beekman again who is already playing out of position, but he did start at LG and I like him alot too.. could be his future there as well)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 01:58 AM)
Drove me nuts too bro. And I'm a big fan of LeFevour (great upside, just an impressive athlete) but the thing is we gambled to take a pro bowl young QB (Cutler) last year, so I didn't like that pick too. If we had Orton/Hanie, etc.. still, I would love the pick even more. Here's hoping the young Lance Louis can be a stud for us at LG for years to come. (though I think they will go for Beekman again who is already playing out of position, but he did start at LG and I like him alot too.. could be his future there as well)

With so few picks in this draft you gotta wonder why one of them was a QB..

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 03:06 AM)
With so few picks in this draft you gotta wonder why one of them was a QB..

If Cutler gets hurt they are done so it was a wasted pick. If they could develop him and trade him in a few years that would be fine but the Bears have not done this since around the time of WWII so that is not likely.

In the end this is a wasted pick.

In years when they had no good starter at QB a pick like this would make sense.....having Orton as a starter, this pick would make sense. I am sure he and Cutler will not be traded tips.

The D2 O lineman looks good and hopefully Tice is good at his job.

Their draft is the same year after year.

Grab a safety and d-lineman and then grab a couple of guys that are stretch picks.

Rumor is Angelo is going to step into a consultant role and the guy from Seattle will become the GM.....you know, the guy that thought that Hutch was not worth money and gave it to the washed up RB instead.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 05:59 PM)
I'm hoping Gailey and Nix know what they're doing, because I don't like the Bills draft at all. Hopefully the Bills defense steps up, because the offense seems like it's going to be very bad.

If they can get a draft pick for Lynch, they should do so ASAP.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
I'm hoping Gailey and Nix know what they're doing, because I don't like the Bills draft at all. Hopefully the Bills defense steps up, because the offense seems like it's going to be very bad.

They don't and the offense will be bad. It stinks that Bills have been so s***ty since the music city miracle.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
They don't and the offense will be bad. It stinks that Bills have been so s***ty since the music city miracle.

One of the 3 longest active playoff droughts in the NFL. They have looked close to getting there like 2-3 times, and they've regressed each time afterwards.

I feel like I could go in there and put together a better product than the Bills have. I'd just tear the s*** to the ground and collect as many draft picks as I possibly could and then bring in as many talented players as possible.

The only hope for the offense is that Gailey can put together something similar to what he did in KC when he was the OC under Herm Edwards in his final year, but even that wasn't that good. They do have quite a bit of talent on defense, though the secondary seems rather plain...whatever, it's gonna be a long year, but hopefully an exciting one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5134382

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels doesn't envision any of those roles for Tebow, the player he traded three picks to Baltimore for and for whom he staked his reputation as a coach on.

"He's a quarterback," McDaniels said Saturday afternoon after wrapping up his second draft as Denver's coach. "He's a quarterback. That's all he's going to do."

McDaniels and Tebow will begin the process of making the Gators legend an NFL-quality quarterback next week in a rookie-only minicamp.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 08:20 AM)
If they could develop him and trade him in a few years that would be fine but the Bears have not done this since around the time of WWII so that is not likely.

I think the idea is that Martz may be able to develop a quarterback, although who knows how long Martz will be with the org.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
I think the idea is that Martz may be able to develop a quarterback, although who knows how long Martz will be with the org.

1 year. Same goes for Lovie, Angelo, Marinelli, and everyone else but Phillips, and McCaskey.

I love the Bears and I love Cutler but I don't see this season going all that well. If they can't make the playoffs, you have to believe that everyone is going to be fired.

I just hope Coughlin does enough to stay in NY so that Cowher will come here and take charge.