Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
12 forced fumbles and 5 interceptions in 3 yrs with Carolina. I love the move.

I love that he already knows the defense and there won't be any learning curve. He can also be a nice mentor for Major Wright. . . all for Jamar Williams? Count me in.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
12 forced fumbles and 5 interceptions in 3 yrs with Carolina. I love the move.

I was on the Atogwe bandwagon but I guess with Harris/Wright that addresses the safety position pretty well. Harris/Tillman are definitely the 2 best guys in the league in forcing fumbles which should be fun. Now lets end the off-season on a high and sign Henderson the DT from the Jags and Faneca as a stop gap for the O-Line.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...abriel-out.html

Bears firing college scouting director Greg Gabriel . . . my question is why fire him after the draft and not before? I hope that the organization wouldn't allow a guy to have a say in drafting when he was already on his way out. My guess is that he has been gone for a while now, but retained so he couldn't go to another team give them the bears drafting plans?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
I swear that the bears did the exact same thing with their last college scouting director that they replaced with Gabriel. They did the draft, and fired him right afterwards

I think what you're referring to is that the Bears Fired Mark Hatley after the 2001 draft and hired Jerry Angelo . . . the bears went on to go 13-3 that first season and Angelo was essentially forced to retain, and re-sign Dick Jauron.

They've done it to me again, I'm getting a little optimistic about the Bears chances next year. I don't think you can build a team via free agency, but signing Peppers and Taylor seem like promising moves. Then we get back a solid starter in Chris Harris and draft Major Wright who could be a nice addition at FS. Suddenly the Bears defense doesn't have many holes (getting Urlacher and Tinoisamoa back too).

The biggest question mark for me is how the marriage between Martz and Cutler works out. I was really skeptical at first, however, Martz and Cutler have said all the right things so far. I know it's just talk, but Jay seems excited to be working with the Mad scientist and I think Martz might be toning down the asshole act because he realizes how much he has riding on this season.

Dammit, I'm hooked again.

I'm hoping that they get smart and just use Hester for kick returns again.

He's brutal as a WR.

Aromashodu, Knox, Iglesias, Bennett, Olsen, Clark, and the RBs should be just as effective as Hester and his bad route running.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
I'm hoping that they get smart and just use Hester for kick returns again.

He's brutal as a WR.

Aromashodu, Knox, Iglesias, Bennett, Olsen, Clark, and the RBs should be just as effective as Hester and his bad route running.

Hester should be a KR first and a slot receiver second. That being said, I don't really believe in this WR group. I don't care what Cutler, Martz, Lovie and Angelo say, I saw a lot of bad out of that group last year and I'm not sure that we still don't have the worst WR core in the league.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
Hester should be a KR first and a slot receiver second. That being said, I don't really believe in this WR group. I don't care what Cutler, Martz, Lovie and Angelo say, I saw a lot of bad out of that group last year and I'm not sure that we still don't have the worst WR core in the league.

They're certainly not experienced and they need to spend the whole offseason working with Cutler and the O on a number of issues...but especially in the 2nd half of the season, that group looked like an extremely talented group just in need of time.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
They've done it to me again, I'm getting a little optimistic about the Bears chances next year. I don't think you can build a team via free agency, but signing Peppers and Taylor seem like promising moves. Then we get back a solid starter in Chris Harris and draft Major Wright who could be a nice addition at FS. Suddenly the Bears defense doesn't have many holes (getting Urlacher and Tinoisamoa back too).

The biggest question mark for me is how the marriage between Martz and Cutler works out. I was really skeptical at first, however, Martz and Cutler have said all the right things so far. I know it's just talk, but Jay seems excited to be working with the Mad scientist and I think Martz might be toning down the asshole act because he realizes how much he has riding on this season.

Dammit, I'm hooked again.

The Bears are a DISTANT 3rd in the NFC North to the Vikings and Packers, even if Brett Favre doesn't return. If he does (and he will), I find this season 100 percent hopeless, because the Bears best hope is the #6 seed, which will be tough playing those two teams for 25 percent of your games.

Oh, and Jeff Ireland is a real classy guy.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
The Bears are a DISTANT 3rd in the NFC North to the Vikings and Packers, even if Brett Favre doesn't return.

Was I the only one who saw Julius Peppers single-handedly defeat the Vikings last year?

No idea how this season will play out. I could see the Bears winning the North, and I could see them in last.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
Was I the only one who saw Julius Peppers single-handedly defeat the Vikings last year?

No idea how this season will play out. I could see the Bears winning the North, and I could see them in last.

Julius Peppers got paid. Good luck getting consistent effort out of him now, as that's always an issue (including last year), let alone after he gets paid.

To say we have no idea how this season will play out is overly hopeful. You could argue the Packers and Vikings (if Favre comes back) are the two best teams in the NFC not named New Orleans. The Bears haven't done nearly enough to catch either of those teams.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
Julius Peppers got paid. Good luck getting consistent effort out of him now, as that's always an issue (including last year), let alone after he gets paid.

To say we have no idea how this season will play out is overly hopeful. You could argue the Packers and Vikings (if Favre comes back) are the two best teams in the NFC not named New Orleans. The Bears haven't done nearly enough to catch either of those teams.

And you could also argue that Adrian Peterson is falling flat on his face and the Vikings defense and O-lines were showing signs of strain last season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
And you could also argue that Adrian Peterson is falling flat on his face and the Vikings defense and O-lines were showing signs of strain last season.

I don't think the Vikings lines showed signs of strain. They were a play or two from winning on the road against the eventual Super Bowl winner in the NFC Title game. Adrian Peterson is a legitimate concern though, but he's still young and has a lot of ability.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)

Peppers has a clause in his contract that he can be cut after 1 season, the Bears have a chance to be a really good team again. I still think they should consider a few more f/a's as stopgaps but we'll see how that turns out.

As for Hester, from what I heard is that Martz wants him more of a slot guy but Lovie wont hear anything of it and demands he the number 1 guy.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
The Bears are a DISTANT 3rd in the NFC North to the Vikings and Packers, even if Brett Favre doesn't return. If he does (and he will), I find this season 100 percent hopeless, because the Bears best hope is the #6 seed, which will be tough playing those two teams for 25 percent of your games.

Oh, and Jeff Ireland is a real classy guy.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)

And to think...I was actually going to watch the games this season.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:14 AM)
And to think...I was actually going to watch the games this season.

Remember who you are quoting. The year is always over 2 years before it starts.