Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)

Thats so overblown..

Dez Bryants mom had already been arrested for being a drug dealer, I don't see why some people are freaking out over it.. And anyways, Dez shouldn't have leaked it out..

Another example of these type of questions is Toby Gerheart was asked about being a white running back and if he felt that he was entitled, what does that have to do with anything?

Questions like that are asked every year, the only reason its a big deal now is because Dez made it that way..

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
The Bears are a DISTANT 3rd in the NFC North to the Vikings and Packers, even if Brett Favre doesn't return. If he does (and he will), I find this season 100 percent hopeless, because the Bears best hope is the #6 seed, which will be tough playing those two teams for 25 percent of your games.

Oh, and Jeff Ireland is a real classy guy.

Have you ever watched Tarvarias Jackson play quarterback?????

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Have you ever watched Tarvarias Jackson play quarterback?????

Yep, he and Gus Frerotte split time in 2008, when the Vikings finished ahead of the Bears in the standings. That Bears team won 9 games, a number this years team would have to really play well to match based on their lack of talent.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
Thats so overblown..

Dez Bryants mom had already been arrested for being a drug dealer, I don't see why some people are freaking out over it.. And anyways, Dez shouldn't have leaked it out..

Another example of these type of questions is Toby Gerheart was asked about being a white running back and if he felt that he was entitled, what does that have to do with anything?

Questions like that are asked every year, the only reason its a big deal now is because Dez made it that way..

Wtf? How are those questions even comparable? I understand you want to blindly defend your team here, but this is no reason or excuse to ask a question like that. It has no impact on anything, and although being a drug dealer isn't exactly classy, it's a lot different than being a prostitute. I like how you have somehow spun this to make it Dez Bryant's fault though, wasn't expecting somebody to be able to pull that off.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

The Bears went 7-9 last season. They get back a healthy Tinoisamoa and Urlacher, added Julius Peppers, Chester Taylor and Chris Harris, and should get improved play from WR with a full season of Aromashodu and added experience from Knox and Bennett.

9 wins seems impossible.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
The Bears went 7-9 last season. They get back a healthy Tinoisamoa and Urlacher, added Julius Peppers, Chester Taylor and Chris Harris, and should get improved play from WR with a full season of Aromashodu and added experience from Knox and Bennett.

9 wins seems impossible.

That's kinda what I was thinking. If nothing else then relative health, you added to great free agents essentially... Then you add in the guys they actually did sign? That's a nice haul. Plus you give the offense another year of working together.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Wtf? How are those questions even comparable? I understand you want to blindly defend your team here, but this is no reason or excuse to ask a question like that. It has no impact on anything, and although being a drug dealer isn't exactly classy, it's a lot different than being a prostitute. I like how you have somehow spun this to make it Dez Bryant's fault though, wasn't expecting somebody to be able to pull that off.

Ok, so Toby Gerhardt being a white RB and getting irrelevant questions about his skin color to his position is not as irrelevant as asking a player about their family background? Dez Bryants mom, as I already said, went to prison for selling drugs.. You act like she is some saint..

GMs jobs are on the line when they are making these picks, in case you weren't aware.. they are investing their jobs and millions into these people.. and don't even try to say it has nothing to do with it, because if you even watched the 30 in 30 on Ricky Williams you can see what kind of impact your family can have on you as a person..

So gimme a break dude, I didn't spin it to be anyone's fault.. there is no one at fault here because nothing wrong was done..

The Bears can win 9, I think. But who knows if that can get them into the playoffs or not.

I keep having nightmares about Suh crushing Kreutz and Cutler all at one time. I can't imagine what Cutler himself will feel like.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
Feels good thay I won't have to watch Kevin Payne miss hits anymore since he doesn't know how to or attempt to tackle ever.

I can't believe that we got a draft pick for him. . . must have been like a 7th rounder in 2013 (assuming the world ends in 2012).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
Yep, he and Gus Frerotte split time in 2008, when the Vikings finished ahead of the Bears in the standings. That Bears team won 9 games, a number this years team would have to really play well to match based on their lack of talent.

I know the Vikings can still make the playoffs with him, but that difference brings them way closer to the rest of the league.

I don't know whats gonna happen with the Bears this year. I do know that somehow they went 7-9 last year, with 2 of their 3 starting LBs playing a total of about 6 quarters combined, and their quarterback throwing 26 picks, several of those in the red zone too. With that and Peppers/Harris, they should do much better than last year, which puts them at .500 or better at the least. I don't think that makes them a DISTANT 3rd in the North, especially if #4 finally leaves.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Feels good thay I won't have to watch Kevin Payne miss hits anymore since he doesn't know how to or attempt to tackle ever.

He is much better than Bullocks though and younger.. which I don't get unless we are saving money...

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
What's the Bears schedule like this season?

IIRC, you guys play the NFC East this season, so it may be a little hearder than last season, correct?

AFC East too. So atleast they get one guaranteed win out of the whole package.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:25 AM)
AFC East too. So atleast they get one guaranteed win out of the whole package.

I don't know how the ticket distribution is gonna work, but I have a feeling that crowd in Toronto is gonna be very pro-Bears.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
I don't know how the ticket distribution is gonna work, but I have a feeling that crowd in Toronto is gonna be very pro-Bears.

A lot of Canadians look like Mike Ditka - circa 1985.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 3, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Why can't Darren Sharper get a deal? I keep thinking he is done yet he still is productive.

It's kind of funny you wrote this today as roughly 4 hours before you posted this, Rotoworld reported that he resigned with the Saints. He also apparently had microfracture surgery in the offseason.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
It's kind of funny you wrote this today as roughly 4 hours before you posted this, Rotoworld reported that he resigned with the Saints. He also apparently had microfracture surgery in the offseason.

That's what I get for not going online all day. I miss everything.

Daryl Drake (WR coach for the beloved)

"As far as them learning the offense, I've got very intelligent guys. Contrary to what people think, that myth came out a long time ago and I've really never understood it. Maybe because we have some black kids that are not articulate all the time, (people think) we're not very smart. But that is such a myth. I really don't understand why it has been said because those guys are as smart as any guys I have ever been around.

"I may get in trouble for saying what I said, but that's how I feel. I've never understood it. They are as smart and as intelligent as any guys I have been around."

He makes a good point about not stereotyping, however, I think my dog could still beat Devin Hester in a game of scrabble. Sorry, I just don't see how that guy is very smart.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 4, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Daryl Drake (WR coach for the beloved)

He makes a good point about not stereotyping, however, I think my dog could still beat Devin Hester in a game of scrabble. Sorry, I just don't see how that guy is very smart.

Wasn't it the Bears that said it about Hester and Bennett and why they were struggling in their first year's as WR not the media?

the bears should take a look at laveranues coles (he is still a FA) and they can offer him league min.

coles past 4 years

age - 32

2006 - 91 rec - 1,098 yards - 6TDs

2007 - 55 rec - 646 yards -6TDs

2008 - 70 rec - 850 yards - 7TDs

2009 - 43 rec - 514 yards - 5 TDs

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 5, 2010 -> 11:39 AM)
Wasn't it the Bears that said it about Hester and Bennett and why they were struggling in their first year's as WR not the media?

The Bears' excuse for not using Bennett his rookie year was his inability to grasp the playbook.