Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex Barron for Bobby Carpenter.

Think it's a very good deal for us, Barron still has a lot of talent, he just needs to be coached and motivated correctly, and we've got Sean Lee who'll take over for Carpenter which will be an upgrade.

Free / Barron / Colombo is a pretty good OT depth.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 6, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Alex Barron for Bobby Carpenter.

Think it's a very good deal for us, Barron still has a lot of talent, he just needs to be coached and motivated correctly, and we've got Sean Lee who'll take over for Carpenter which will be an upgrade.

Free / Barron / Colombo is a pretty good OT depth.

Looks like he's a "false start machine" looks like we'll have Flozell 2.0

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 7, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
Looks like he's a "false start machine" looks like we'll have Flozell 2.0

Yep.

We managed with Flozell though, right now Barron would be the swing tackle, and he'd finally have a decent offensive line coach to learn under.

Bills after Jared Gaither. If they made that move, I'd consider the possibility that they might actually want to put a semi-competitive football team on the field. Then I remember their QBs are Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm, and Brown. Oh bother.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 8, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
"Cushing, who said in a statement that he tested positive for a non-steroidal banned substance,"

Even if it was steroids its not like anyone really cares, its the NFL its like a slap on the wrist there..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 9, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
Even if it was steroids its not like anyone really cares, its the NFL its like a slap on the wrist there..

Missing 25% of the season is a slap on the wrist?

Not like he could deny it with those before and after pics.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)

There's a difference between the treatment you get after a suspension in the NFL+NBA and in MLB, though.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)

I meant with the way its handled, like a baseball player testing positive pretty much screws them for the rest of their career while in the NFL they do 4 games and then are back, and no one really talks about it anymore..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 9, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
I meant with the way its handled, like a baseball player testing positive pretty much screws them for the rest of their career while in the NFL they do 4 games and then are back, and no one really talks about it anymore..

Very true

Please go after him Jerry;

NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that restricted free agent FS O.J. Atogwe will not sign his tender with the Rams, meaning he'll become an unrestricted free agent on June 1.

The Rams still hold exclusive negotiating rights with Atogwe until that point, but it appears he won't budge and is poised to leave St. Louis. Though Atogwe is coming off reconstructive shoulder surgery and a reported sports hernia, he will have plenty of suitors on the open market. The Rams do intend to meet with Atogwe this month, perhaps to make him a long-term offer.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 10, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
Please go after him Jerry;

From what I have read, Otogwe is a really tough one to go after because you have to drastically overpay to keep him and put a poison pill in the contract to avoid the Rams matching the offer.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
The Sun-Times suggests the Bears install Field Turf in Soldier Field.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hayes/22537...-bear10.article

Athomeboy cheers.

the city of chicago cheers. The field is embarrassing for Chicago, and it gets worse as the season progresses. I am no fan of artificial turf, but this makes sense for so many different reasons.