Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
The Sun-Times suggests the Bears install Field Turf in Soldier Field.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hayes/22537...-bear10.article

Athomeboy cheers.

After seeing field turf in action at my high school stadium, I have no doubts that this is the best course of action judging by how badly the grass has performed here.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FWIW Adam Schefter is reporting that Cushing was busted with HCG in his system, which is not a steroid, but rather what users take when they are cycling off steroids. It is what Canseco was caught smuggling in the states, and what Man Ram was suspended for.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
FWIW Adam Schefter is reporting that Cushing was busted with HCG in his system, which is not a steroid, but rather what users take when they are cycling off steroids. It is what Canseco was caught smuggling in the states, and what Man Ram was suspended for.

Brian Cushing is having a baby?

That would explain his impressive chesticles in the picture posted earlier on in this thread.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)

Athomeboy cheers.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

(I'm not sure how you remember that I am so pro-field turf, but thanks for remembering me! :))

Oh, did I mention the Facebook Group? Put Field Turf in Soldier Field hehehe

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
sooooo the writers agree to revote the Defensive ROY award and just elect Cushing the Defensive ROY year again? That seems like a waste of time.

Per AOL Fanhouse (from Rotoworld), an NFL GM states that his steroid use dates back to high school

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/05/12/ap-vote...asy-on-cushing/

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 11, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)

Athomeboy cheers.

I'll cheer too - when they actually do it.

You'd think that it would be smart for team business for them to make sure that their players stay healthy and safe.

The Bears are morons: Bears will stick with grass at Soldier Field

If the Bears offense plays faster this year, it won't be because of the playing surface at Soldier Field.

Bears President Ted Phillips recently met with Chicago Park District general superintendent Tim Mitchell about the possibility of converting the field from grass to an artificial surface, but there are no plans to do so this year.

The Park District was interested in changing the surface — despite a busy summer schedule at the stadium that includes five concerts — but the Bears indicated they aren't.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 14, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
I read this article last night and thought of you. (not in that way).

On the bright side, the Bears do seem interested in laying down the fake stuff . . . just not right now.

I am encouraged that the Park District is ok with it... it had been reported THEY were the ones holding back field turf.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 14, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
Sounded like the Bears wanted to wait until there was further research done on the field surface before making the change. I guess I can understand that. Albeit the Bears grass just gets beaten up.

That is a load of crap. This stuff is everywhere. Heck our entire football conference barring two schools have the stuff. All they have to do is ask around for injury numbers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
That is a load of crap. This stuff is everywhere. Heck our entire football conference barring two schools have the stuff. All they have to do is ask around for injury numbers.

The numbers seem to indicate that more injuries occur on that stuff than on grass though. Albeit it is far better than old fashioned astro turf.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 14, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
The numbers seem to indicate that more injuries occur on that stuff than on grass though. Albeit it is far better than old fashioned astro turf.

Maybe on regular grass, but with the problems the Bears have had with their turf, it isn't the same by a long shot.

Boers and Bernise talked about this on the SCORE months ago, and someone called up and said that they won't put in the turf because of soccer. That whatever governing body controls the international games played at Soldier Field doesn't allow the games to be played on that surface and only natural grass. I have no idea if that is true, but it would make sense as the Park District would be losing out on money if the soccer games were no longer held there. But who knows.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Boers and Bernise talked about this on the SCORE months ago, and someone called up and said that they won't put in the turf because of soccer. That whatever governing body controls the international games played at Soldier Field doesn't allow the games to be played on that surface and only natural grass. I have no idea if that is true, but it would make sense as the Park District would be losing out on money if the soccer games were no longer held there. But who knows.

I believe that is no longer true. Someone on this board brought it up months ago.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
I believe that is no longer true. Someone on this board brought it up months ago.

There is a Q&A about this on the Tribune and Dan Pompeii said that they could just roll out grass on top of the field turf. He claims they do this in domes for soccer.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ May 15, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
There is a Q&A about this on the Tribune and Dan Pompeii said that they could just roll out grass on top of the field turf. He claims they do this in domes for soccer.

That's exactly what they do at the Georgia Dome for soccer games.