Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

The O-line for the Bears is f***ing swiss cheese, I dont care how many times they go on air and talk about how dynamic the offense will be, Cutler is going to be running for his life instead of looking downfield. I am guessing Forte averages about 2.1 YPC over the first several games.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your friendly Packer update:

Jolly suspended for the season, that seems really harsh imo.

Keep hearing great things about Mike Neal, DT out of Purdue, I saw him play at Purdue and apparently he is stronger and looking good in camp. I'm looking forward to Rajii this year and seeing how he develops.

Bigby is having ankle surgery, idk what is eta is but I like our backup rookie safety Burnett better anyways, although for depth this hurts.

I am still annoyed a CB was not signed or drafted.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)

Too bad he doesn't play in Minnesota. I know a judge that could change that.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)

Keep hearing great things about Mike Neal, DT out of Purdue, I saw him play at Purdue and apparently he is stronger and looking good in camp. I'm looking forward to Rajii this year and seeing how he develops.

Bigby is having ankle surgery, idk what is eta is but I like our backup rookie safety Burnett better anyways, although for depth this hurts.

I am still annoyed a CB was not signed or drafted.

These players are idiots, he just recently signed a deal for $2.5 million dollars and if convicted faces up to 20 years in prison. 1 year suspension from his job is not that bad for being a complete moron. Imagine what would happen to most other American's and their jobs if they were facing time, it is starting to get ridiculous seeing as how many players have been caught doing illegal $hit lately. If other people getting caught don't know better by now, suspend them for at least a year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
The ESPN ball sucking of Tim Tebow in denver is really annoying. They are acting like he is about to vault everyone and be the number one qb this year, I really dont see that happening

This is why so many of us have flipped to NFL network and MLB Network. It's not about performance on the football field...it's about charisma on ESPN. It's about him being a beloved devoutly Christian athlete who performed admirably at a popular SEC school.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
The ESPN ball sucking of Tim Tebow in denver is really annoying. They are acting like he is about to vault everyone and be the number one qb this year, I really dont see that happening

The other two QBs on Denver's roster are Orton and Brady Quinn, so if he does become their #1 QB, its really not that big of an accomplishment.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 09:55 AM)
The other two QBs on Denver's roster are Orton and Brady Quinn, so if he does become their #1 QB, its really not that big of an accomplishment.

Why did they draft Tim Tebow? If it was to spark some excitement within their fan base, they've succeeded with flying colors. Tebowmania is in full effect at Broncos training camp in Dove Valley, Colo., as fans began to line up their cars at 4 a.m. for the first day of camp, knowing full well that the gates didn't open until 7:45. Tebow's No. 15 jersey is also clearly the jersey of choice for most Broncos fans these days.

But if the Broncos drafted him to be their quarterback, it could be a while. Kyle Orton is light years better than Tebow and Brady Quinn at this point, and head coach Josh McDaniels essentially admitted as much when he said, "Kyle is operating this offense right now at the highest level ... there is nothing we can't do with him."

SI

Well Orton has been in the system for a year already, so of course he is more comfortable with him, and he has to talk well about his incumbent QB who is most likely to start Week 1. Just because Josh McDaniels says something nice about Orton, it in no way means that he doesn't suck.

Quinn is a better passer than Tebow will ever be, and Orton is the guy who knows the system. Tebow is just a glorified #3, when the season starts, I will be amazed if he even steps foot on the field

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
Well Orton has been in the system for a year already, so of course he is more comfortable with him, and he has to talk well about his incumbent QB who is most likely to start Week 1. Just because Josh McDaniels says something nice about Orton, it in no way means that he doesn't suck.

All you have to do is listen to what comes out of the Bears camp to know what gets said about players at this time of the year.

I do not understand why the Bears are not kicking the tires on our old friend Ogunleye. I am not comfortable with Anderson against the run. Someone please explain this to me, because I'm annoyed that we added Peppers, let AB and Adawale walk, and are supposed to believe the d-line will be better for this.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
I do not understand why the Bears are not kicking the tires on our old friend Ogunleye. I am not comfortable with Anderson against the run. Someone please explain this to me, because I'm annoyed that we added Peppers, let AB and Adawale walk, and are supposed to believe the d-line will be better for this.

I can't figure out why no one else in the league seems interested in him either. At some point, I tend to start thinking that the groupthink probably has a reason to back it up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 09:39 AM)
I can't figure out why no one else in the league seems interested in him either. At some point, I tend to start thinking that the groupthink probably has a reason to back it up.

I always liked the guy, he's a productive player.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 08:51 AM)
This is why so many of us have flipped to NFL network and MLB Network. It's not about performance on the football field...it's about charisma on ESPN. It's about him being a beloved devoutly Christian athlete who performed admirably at a popular SEC school.

You know, the bolded kind of leads into a point that I find absolutely fascinating. If you watch the official networks of the NFL, NBA, and MLB, you actually get a lot more honest analysis and intelligent opinions on all three about the leagues than you ever do on ESPN. The fact that the official networks of the leagues give you a more honest assessment than ESPN ever does (which is supposed to be an independent network, but now basically plays like a marketing machine for the leagues) tells you all you need to know about how screwed up that channel is in its thinking.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
Especially with how much of an emphasis is put on the pass rush.

Or even beyond that, the emphasis on stopping the run.

Hell, Denver just lost the NFL's sack leader from last year for the full season and they've shown no interest. The Pats worked him out about 2 weeks ago but elected not to sign him and that's the last mention of him anywhere.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
You know, the bolded kind of leads into a point that I find absolutely fascinating. If you watch the official networks of the NFL, NBA, and MLB, you actually get a lot more honest analysis and intelligent opinions on all three about the leagues than you ever do on ESPN. The fact that the official networks of the leagues give you a more honest assessment than ESPN ever does (which is supposed to be an independent network, but now basically plays like a marketing machine for the leagues) tells you all you need to know about how screwed up that channel is in its thinking.

Word