Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
For a while last year I was wondering who was in more danger of going to the IR, Rodgers or Cutler.

The turnaround in the Packers line was absolutely amazing last year. I can't recall ever seeing a line turn around like that mid-season.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dan LeFevour looks much better in this game than previous. Obviously more experience is paying off. Nice looking QB prospect though. I'm not paying much attention to who wins this game, but decisions like kicking a FG when your 10 yards away in the red zone, in the 3rd quarter (in a preseason game to boot) makes me really hate Lovie Smith and his little to no balls.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
How do you guys do it? How do you even watch 30 seconds of preseason football? I'd rather watch the Nanny on Nickelodeon.

I agree. I didn't even realize the first 2 preseason games were going on, and I only watched today because of Tony Pena. f*** preseason football.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
How do you guys do it? How do you even watch 30 seconds of preseason football? I'd rather watch the Nanny on Nickelodeon.

Ugh, I cant believe TV Land put that show on its late night lineup.

It's not that hard for the first 3 quarters if you're interested in seeing your team's draft picks and young guys. The 4th quarter is too hard to sit through.

And it could be worse, ie Spring Training.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 02:54 AM)
Ugh, I cant believe TV Land put that show on its late night lineup.

It's not that hard for the first 3 quarters if you're interested in seeing your team's draft picks and young guys. The 4th quarter is too hard to sit through.

And it could be worse, ie Spring Training.

I honestly would rather sit through that than preseason football. It's brutal. At the same time, it is necessary IMHO. That's why I hope the NFL doesn't change the season to 18 games. Can you imagine all the records and stats easily broken because teams are playing two more games a season?

Memo to Chicago Bears offensive linemen: please return your entire weekly paychecks to the Chicago Bears human resources department as soon as possible. This is expected to be repeated until further notice or until all of you appear to be at least partially earning them. Thank you for your compliance.

So why the f*** has FOX decided to screw over non HD people? They have their scoreboard way over where you need HD to see it, and ya I know I should have HD and its awesome because I have it at home but me and my roomates are way too broke to afford the HD channels down at school. So f*** Fox cause its going to be a b**** watching games having no idea what the score is or time left.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
So why the f*** has FOX decided to screw over non HD people? They have their scoreboard way over where you need HD to see it, and ya I know I should have HD and its awesome because I have it at home but me and my roomates are way too broke to afford the HD channels down at school. So f*** Fox cause its going to be a b**** watching games having no idea what the score is or time left.

I know what you mean. I cant see the score during baseball games on FOX. Hopefully they fix it.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 12:56 AM)
I know what you mean. I cant see the score during baseball games on FOX. Hopefully they fix it.

It's f***ing ridiculous. It's not that hard to move the scoreboard like a few inches to the right.

Edited by kev211

I thought the line looked a lot better this past weekend. Good, no, but better, absolutely. Cutler looked different. While it was his worse preseason game of the season, he seems to have a better demeanor on the sidelines and I liked some of his post-game comments.

I don't expect our offense to be dominating. I thought the defense looked quite a bit better, but still not there. Better pass rush and we did it without our starting LB's. In general, prior to watching the game I was really really nervous, but after watching I felt a little bit better.

I have no idea what to expect out of this team but lately I had been thinking 6 or 7 wins at best, but I'm thinking that could change if our coaching staffs can continue to build improvements. Especially on the offensive side of the ball.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
The Bears are bad. Really bad.

I went through the schedule, gave us both wins against an improved Lions team, and still came away with 5-11. At best they are 7-9 this year, but that's entirely doubtful.

I said 3-13 and everyone was like, "No!"

I could live with it if Angelo and Co. at least ATTEMPTED to put something that could once in a while pass as a NFL offensive line. He doesn't, though, and as you watch his various moves in the past 5 years you start to see where the OL is on his priority list - not very high. Since 2006 (he managed to put together a pretty good line through free agency in 2005) his answer is either to keep veteran players a couple of years too long and not draft replacements (Fred Miller, several others), sign bottom of the barrel scrubs from other teams and expect them to start (Frank Omiyale), avoid drafting young OL and/or drafting projects late in the draft and seeing them bust (too many to mention).

The only correct decision he's made is drafting Chris Williams and even still the jury is still out there mostly due to the back injury fiasco, and this is negated by signing Orlando Pace anyway. Ok, I'll give him Josh Beekman but that is something he should've done 4 other times since then so there'd actually be depth there. Most of his OL solutions are half-assed - think of the teams that have solid OL like the Colts, Broncos, or the Patriots... do they draft like this? No, they do not.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
I said 3-13 and everyone was like, "No!"

When I look around the league for 3-13 teams, I run into teams like Buffalo, maybe KC still, etc., teams with legitimately nothing going on either side of the ball. I still think it takes a lot of injuries for the Bears to fall anywhere near that far.

Did anyone realize that the Bears were hardly in Bourbannis and when they were they hardly practiced. For a team putting a new system in place, and a complex one at that, they do not seem to work really hard at it.

I really can see them only winning 3 games this year as the schdule keeps getting tougher.