Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year the Bears went 7-9 with 2 of their 3 starting LBs playing 1.5 games combined and their starting QB absolutely giving away at least two games if not more. I get that the schedule is tougher, but if they could do that last year, then I think its definitely possible that they could do better this season. I'm not confident that they will make the playoffs, but I don't think this season is automatically gonna be a trainwreck.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
You all are a bunch of pessimist, wow..... I think this team is easily talented enough to go 8-8 with a 2 game swing either way.

Ha, so you see a possibility of the Bears being 6-10, but a 5-11 prediction is pessimistic?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
I went through the schedule, gave us both wins against an improved Lions team, and still came away with 5-11. At best they are 7-9 this year, but that's entirely doubtful.

I would feel alot better if there were better personnel decisions being made by us. (oddly enough, Tice is the only one who has the balls to put Louis at RG cause he's been the best fit there) Hester starting #1 (alongside Knox) instead of Aromashodu so far, (though that looks like more Lovie wanting that instead of Martz) Chris Harris still at FS (where he is much better as a SS) Major Wright probably won't start at FS cause of lack of reps from that injury, (even though the one game he played he was the best candidate there from the 3 preseason games I've watched with the other guys at FS) Daniel Manning still being Lovie's boy toy, (he's excellent at returning kicks.. that is it) etc.. etc.. I'm predicting 8-8, but thats if Cutler does not get killed (Ndamukong Suh scares the s*** out of me already. He is going to eat that O-Line of ours alive), and if Peppers doesn't have an off year/doesn't get hurt (as well as the others).

In other news, Cutler at least got himself a nice little girl now from the show The Hills, Kristin Cavallari. (or so rumors say)

Long read but worth it: http://thetribunalbar.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/753/

This guy's blog covers in detail the rise and fall of the Angelo regime. It pretty much helps explain why the Bears are mediocre, basically it has to do with Jerry Angelo's terrible drafting, blatant and outright neglect of the OL, inability to draft WRs, and fetish for making odd DL choices. He actually started off halfway decent and looking at the drafts and how the team was being built I can actually justify the fact that I used to defend his moves. Since 2007 his drafts have been brutal.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
That's a very depressing article.

Depressing cuz I wish I could, in proper conscience, say something like "damn what a piece of s*** fan, why does he even watch" but deep down I know he is right.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)

This guy's blog covers in detail the rise and fall of the Angelo regime. It pretty much helps explain why the Bears are mediocre, basically it has to do with Jerry Angelo's terrible drafting, blatant and outright neglect of the OL, inability to draft WRs, and fetish for making odd DL choices. He actually started off halfway decent and looking at the drafts and how the team was being built I can actually justify the fact that I used to defend his moves. Since 2007 his drafts have been brutal.

So the drafts began to suck when Lovie was given player personnel input after signing his new deal......odd

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)

Alex Brown in the 4th was the best pick in Angelo's tenure? I'm not sure I buy that from the author. He calls Briggs a potential HOFer a few lines later.

The more I read this...this guy really likes Alex Brown.

And complaining about letting Berrian walk?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
Alex Brown in the 4th was the best pick in Angelo's tenure? I'm not sure I buy that from the author. He calls Briggs a potential HOFer a few lines later.

The more I read this...this guy really likes Alex Brown.

And complaining about letting Berrian walk?

I don't really agree with everything he said. He does make a pretty valid point IMO about giving money to Vasher which could've been used to sign Berrian (I don't remember, was that the same year?) but I mean, Berrian was going to go and make Top 10 WR money which is just something he's not... at the same time, look at our WR corps since then. Yikes.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
The biggest points imo are Angelo/Lovie's fetish for the DL and complete neglect for the OL.

^^

Not just a fetish but a tendency to draft s***ty players... I mean, Dan Bauzin? What the f*** was that about? I liked the Dvoracek pick but he made Mike Brown look like the NFL's version of Cal Ripken.