Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 09:30 AM)
TJ Whosyamama signs w/ Ravens for $550k.

per Adam Schefter's Twitter.

He and Boldin make for good targets for Flacco. If Flaccoo is consistent, that is a top 5 team.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
It's nice to be a Seahawks fan when the other QB's in the division are Derek Anderson, Sam Bradford and Alex Smith. Hasselbeck is better by default. The division is ours again!

Don't hate on Alex Smith this year. Crabtree and Davis are good targets. 9ers have a top notch defense as well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
Don't hate on Alex Smith this year. Crabtree and Davis are good targets. 9ers have a top notch defense as well.

Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, Gore and a nice O Line. Honestly, anyone can succeed in their offense. With Smith, he should be rolling. He was doing really well when he started last year. Hasselbeck doesn't have the receivers. Housh was a bust with them. Mike Williams right now is their best receiver. I was a huge fan of his coming out, but I don't know how good of a sign that is considering not even Jeff Fisher could turn him around.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)

I think the message on Alex Smith/Aaron Rogers may be more about how the situation a QB is put in affects the results rather than about how scouts can be so wrong.

Anyone out there think that if Aaron Rogers had gone #1 and had been starting immediately for that downtrodden, talent-less 49'ers team, he'd have wowed people?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
I think the message on Alex Smith/Aaron Rogers may be more about how the situation a QB is put in affects the results rather than about how scouts can be so wrong.

Anyone out there think that if Aaron Rogers had gone #1 and had been starting immediately for that downtrodden, talent-less 49'ers team, he'd have wowed people?

ding ding

Rodgers was given the classical "grow/learn" period and now he is a beast. As a backup with the Packers stepping into an NFC Championship Game roster, he's been given the best possible situation and thrived.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
ding ding

Rodgers was given the classical "grow/learn" period and now he is a beast. As a backup with the Packers stepping into an NFC Championship Game roster, he's been given the best possible situation and thrived.

Best possible situation = following a HOF legend after he retired and wanted to come back but had the team choose you over him?

Not sure it was the BEST possible situation.

But yah he had some talent around him.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
Best possible situation = following a HOF legend after he retired and wanted to come back but had the team choose you over him?

Not sure it was the BEST possible situation.

But yah he had some talent around him.

It was by far the best position ever. Especially considering the Packers told that old QB, once he was done, he was done and that's it. I think Alex Smith would've succeeded as well in that position. With that said, Smith will have his turn this year to show his true ability. He has a good OL, a beast of a RB, Crabtree and Vernon. No way he shouldn't succeed.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 05:58 PM)
It was by far the best position ever. Especially considering the Packers told that old QB, once he was done, he was done and that's it. I think Alex Smith would've succeeded as well in that position. With that said, Smith will have his turn this year to show his true ability. He has a good OL, a beast of a RB, Crabtree and Vernon. No way he shouldn't succeed.

None of what you said involved him having a good offensive coach/QB coach.

Worried about the Bears poor preseason? Worry no longer!

September 10, 2010

Disappointing preseason didn't cause concern in '85

By: Larry Mayer | Last Updated: 9/10/2010 4:44 PM

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Bears’ unforgettable Super Bowl XX championship season, ChicagoBears.com will take a look back at the famed 1985 team every Friday.

After the Bears advanced to the NFC Championship Game in 1984, expectations were high entering the 1985 season. The preseason was a disappointment, however, as the Bears stumbled to a 1-3 record.

Their only victory came in the exhibition finale over the Buffalo Bills at Soldier Field, a game in which Bears starters were removed at halftime. In the first half, Jim McMahon had thrown two interceptions and Walter Payton had lost one of two fumbles.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=7060

So there it is! Since the 1985, I repeat, 19f***ing85, Bears had a poor preseason and won the SB, there's ultimate hope! Worst article ever. God I wish people would let go of '85. I've got a feeling it's going to be the same with the '05 Sox. In 2025 they'll be 23748468423 greg clones still bringing up that year whenever they want to feel better about the team's ineptitude.