Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
The Bears didn't win that game. Arguably the dumbest rule in professional sports history won them the game. That rule is unfathomably stupid. There is not a legitimate reason for that rule to exist.

The Twins won a game on such a rule and they also won one on a pop up that hit a speaker.

There have been cheaper wins out there, which is good to know.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
The Bears didn't win that game. Arguably the dumbest rule in professional sports history won them the game. That rule is unfathomably stupid. There is not a legitimate reason for that rule to exist.

I might be wrong, but I think the rule is actually meant to protect the offensive player to not get a fumble call when they catch it and try to reach for an extra yard.

Still, I agree with everyone that it's one of the dumbest rules in sports.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
I think he was down and touched out of bounds by the time he dropped the ball. My god.

And he was clearly just standing up when he put the ball on the ground. I can't even feel good about this win since the Bears didn't actually win the game.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
And he was clearly just standing up when he put the ball on the ground. I can't even feel good about this win since the Bears didn't actually win the game.

it'll be good to have it come the end of the year though if the Bears are fighting for a playoff spot.

Bears win!!!! LOL. According to the NFL rules, that was not a touchdown. Is the rule stupid?? f*** yeah, but I'll take it. 1-0 Bears.

My early analysis of the Bears is that they might win a couple games against good teams with the talent they have, but will also blow some games they should win. I'm thinking 7-9 again.

Man did the Bears luck out. Offense killed a couple drives with fumbles and drops in the first half and stalled in the second half but they somehow managed to do enough to win. The decision to go for it was one of lovies dumbest decisions ever. Like calling the timeout at the end of the seattle game bad (playoffs notwithstanding)