Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
The Chiefs' rookies are doing work with the punt returns.

I love these SEChiefs. Kendrick Lewis (Ole Miss), Eric Berry (UT) at Safety. Arenas (Bama) at CB. Dorsey (LSU) and Jackson (LSU) on the DL. McCluster (Ole Miss) being nasty in the return game. They're exciting to watch.

I'll be pulling for the Chiefs to do well this year since I have zero interest in the AFC.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
I love these SEChiefs. Kendrick Lewis (Ole Miss), Eric Berry (UT) at Safety. Arenas (Bama) at CB. Dorsey (LSU) and Jackson (LSU) on the DL. McCluster (Ole Miss) being nasty in the return game. They're exciting to watch.

I'll be pulling for the Chiefs to do well this year since I have zero interest in the AFC.

Dwayne Bowe went to LSU too. They drafted LSU guys for their first round pick 3 years in a row.

I am telling you guys right now. The Bears are going to wind up being the luckiest team in the league when we talk about it 16 weeks from now. Its the Rally Calvin charm they hold right now. Not trying to say this because its what I want to happen but I really think its going to be an odd year for my Bears.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:52 PM)
I am telling you guys right now. The Bears are going to wind up being the luckiest team in the league when we talk about it 16 weeks from now. Its the Rally Calvin charm they hold right now. Not trying to say this because its what I want to happen but I really think its going to be an odd year for my Bears.

the Bears almost/should have (depending on who you are talking to) lost to a team that has 2 wins in the past 2 seasons and hasn't won a road game since 07.. a win is a win, no doubt, but im not sure how anyone that is a Bears fan can come away from that game feeling good.. well aside from Cutlers performance

KANSAS CITY!

It's been years since I've been so pleased with the start from this team. I hated the McCluster pick on draft day and boy was I wrong. What an exciting combo he and Arenas are. They may not be a playoff team, but at least it appears they won't suck and will be fun to watch this year, especially if the passing game picks it up.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:52 PM)

2001 redux???

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 03:15 AM)
the Bears almost/should have (depending on who you are talking to) lost to a team that has 2 wins in the past 2 seasons and hasn't won a road game since 07.. a win is a win, no doubt, but im not sure how anyone that is a Bears fan can come away from that game feeling good.. well aside from Cutlers performance

The defense was pretty good too for all but a minute of the game. Then lovie played his bulls*** prevent defense which always gets toasted

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
I never understood the hype the Jets got before the season started. I think they're a pretty good team, but Super Bowl contendors? I don't think so.

AFC Championship Game + young players getting better + a really nice free agency... makes sense to me.

Teams need to stop giving up on Thomas Jones, though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Teams need to stop giving up on Thomas Jones, though.

Yeah...that was such a "it worked great for the 2007 Bears" decision.

I was actually surprised at how good LT looked against that defense, but the Jets had absolutely nothing through the air. The announcers were correctly screaming at the Sanchize towards the end of the game to stop looking automatically for the checkdown. The Jets passing game was flat out too conservative to win that game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 08:33 AM)

I was actually surprised at how good LT looked against that defense, but the Jets had absolutely nothing through the air. The announcers were correctly screaming at the Sanchize towards the end of the game to stop looking automatically for the checkdown. The Jets passing game was flat out too conservative to win that game.

That last drive was awful. He would look down the field for two seconds than immediately look for the dump off. I know the Ravens were putting a lot of pressure on him but come on, you needed at least 50 yards on that drive. Oh, and Dustin Keller, how about realizing where you are on the field? Switch the ball to your left hand and you might have the first down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 08:33 AM)

Dustin Keller's blatant disregard for the first down marker didn't help anything. That was a pathetic attempt when all he needed was to move the ball to his lead hand.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:14 AM)
I still can't figure out how the Jets did so well on first and 2nd down and then were so incredibly inept on 3rd and long.

They knew Ray Lewis was lurking in the middle of the field. Every checkdown Sanchez made to LT was stopped 2 yards short because he was there pretty much every time.

And that hit he put on Dustin Keller, dear lord I could feel that on my couch.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:19 AM)
They knew Ray Lewis was lurking in the middle of the field. Every checkdown Sanchez made to LT was stopped 2 yards short because he was there pretty much every time.

And that hit he put on Dustin Keller, dear lord I could feel that on my couch.

Actually...I meant the Jets defense/Ravens offense. My fault, wasn't clear. The Ravens offense torched the Jets on 3rd down.

Last night before the games started, I was winning 75 points to 45 points in my fantasy league(the only money league I am in), and my opponent had Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, and Dustin Keller. I thought it was over, but obviously I watched anyways and had my scoreboard up on the computer. At the end of the Ravens/Jets game, I was still leading by 19 points because Flacco, Rice and Keller all had pretty miserable games, so it all rides on Jamaal Charles. Charles breaks his second run of the game for a 56 yard touchdown which scored 12 points, and I am thinking, I am f***ed, this is over. My opponent is chasing 7 points going into the second half.

Todd Haley inexplicably forgets about Charles for the rest of the game, and I squeak it out 75 - 73. I still dont know how it happened, but I will take it!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
Actually...I meant the Jets defense/Ravens offense. My fault, wasn't clear. The Ravens offense torched the Jets on 3rd down.

It was a combination of the Jets committing awful 3rd down penalties and the Ravens picking on the rookie CB.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
It was a combination of the Jets committing awful 3rd down penalties and the Ravens picking on the rookie CB.

They killed Kyle Wilson, that kid had an awful game. Fumbled a ball, pass interference calls, Anquan had his way with him. Not a good start for that kid

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)
I really don't believe that. I think they have him right now coached to be in a box; to do everything to not lose a game but to do nothing that will help win a game.

Kyle Sanchez?

Mark Orton?

Sanchez Neckbeard?