Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
This looks like an NFL team vs a college team. Just have to hope we get a few defensively touchdowns.

For a college team to be up 6 on an NFL team at halftime...well, we just have to marvel at the miracles of youth I guess.

Romo's 2 INTs weren't all bad... he's playing pretty decent and the Bears D is playing pretty tough right now. One of those picks was his WR's fault IIRC and the other got tipped (I forgot by whom). Dallas is getting blitz-happy and they are leaving receivers open, and Martz is letting Cutler exploit the holes. It just shows you how bad Turner really was.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
Romo's 2 INTs weren't all bad... he's playing pretty decent and the Bears D is playing pretty tough right now. One of those picks was his WR's fault IIRC and the other got tipped (I forgot by whom). Dallas is getting blitz-happy and they are leaving receivers open, and Martz is letting Cutler exploit the holes. It just shows you how bad Turner really was.

The key for the 2nd half Bears is to keep the TO number at zero.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
For a college team to be up 6 on an NFL team at halftime...well, we just have to marvel at the miracles of youth I guess.

It really did at first, Balta. I know you like to keep Fathom honest, but this time he wasn't being that ridiculous...we somehow made adjustments to stymie their rush and it's a completely different game.

DJ Moore just happens to be in the perfect spot on two pass drops by their receivers.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
The first series looked bad but Martz made adjustments. Bears fans just arent used to a coordinator who doesnt stubbornly stick to the same 3 plays.

Yeah, it's just... I really wasn't expecting that. At first it was just straight up poor blocking and guys blowing their blocking assignments but eventually Martz figured out his original plan wasn't working and ditched it completely. That was surprising, to say the least. This is something I can never remember happening under Turner, except on accident.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
It really did at first, Balta. I know you like to keep Fathom honest, but this time he wasn't being that ridiculous...

Which tells you how ridiculous it is to rip a team as a college team or as so awful after a possession or two. Or after a game or two.

Minnesota shut out for the first half.

Packers only up 6 on the Bills and the Bills actually with a TD. Remarkable.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
Good coverage by Newman on that bomb to Hester because if he hadn't been all over Hester, that's 6.

Newman had good coverage, but I still wish Devin would have made a better play on that ball. It was perfectly thrown.