Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Sorry, but running the clock out is actually running some sizeable chunk of the clock off, not running the ball for no gain three times and taking the minimal amount of time off the clock without it stopping.

They made the Cowboys burn two timeouts. As a 'boys fan, that hurts big time. Because as soon as that happened, the Cowboys had to throw everything to the sidelines. It took away half the field.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
They made the Cowboys burn two timeouts. As a 'boys fan, that hurts big time. Because as soon as that happened, the Cowboys had to throw everything to the sidelines. It took away half the field.

I understand. I am not arguing that the Cowboys ever had a good chance to win the game after we went up 10 points. What I'm arguing is I think they could have avoided ever even giving the Cowgirls the ball back had they just been slightly less conservative.

As I said, moot point. Bears win.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
I'm still not sold, but they played way better than they did last week.

I'm not "Sold" either and a lot of things can still go wrong...but predicting that a 7-9 team would get Urlacher back, add Chester Taylor and Julius Peppers, and wind up a 4-12 team never made a ton of sense to me.

Still need to be better on 3rd down, but Cutler is looking very impressive. Like I said last week, it feels real good to have a real offensive coordinator on the team. Bears offense doesn't look close to predictable on plays as last year. Big props to Bears fans whipping boy Frank Omiyale too. Not easy to move to the left side on the fly and take on one of the best pass rushers in the game. Didn't win every battle, but contained him enough for Cutler to not get killed. Not sold as well like others, but if the Bears can win next week against Green Bay (also 2-0) I might have to start getting sold a bit here. BTW, I would like to tell wite I was right on Favre so far. Still early though I know, so let me gloat wite. :D

Edited by J.Reedfan8

The media down here is going to go NUTS. And I love it. Cowboys to the Super Bowl my ass. This team sucks big dick when it comes to TEAM football. As long as Jerry "Michael Jackson" Jones plays general manager with his team, they are not going to win s***. That's too bad. :lol:

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
Having Williams leave and the OL get better is such a HUGE f***ing indictment on Angelo. This team still needs more talent and OL and in the secondary. Lost Major Wright to a hammy today too. Steltz time is never a good time.

Who else would you have drafted that year? They desperately needed a OT more than any other position (just like they did the year before that and the year after that and the year after that). You can make an argument for Otah, and the whole issue with Williams's back injury was egg all over Angelo's face, but they needed a LT. IIRC, the meathead crowd wanted McFadden

Ya you can't hate that pick what so ever. The back thing you can argue with however, with Angelo and company not doing their research better on that, but alot of scouts had Chris' upside as the highest out of all the OL in that draft class. He has missed a significant amount of development time already with the back surgery in his rookie year and playing on the right side for 3/4 of the season last year. The talent is there, but he might not be able to ever fully utilize it.

I would also like to give props to Earl Bennett. If there's a big thing Hester can learn from him to be an all around receiver, it's knowing how to effectively block down-field (sprung a few guys, including Hester, after the catch). Had some nice catches as well (could of broken some weak tackles after the catch, but it was his first game, not to mention learning the playbook, and missed alot of training camp, so you give him the benefit of the doubt) Very underrated WR.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
So...everyone who told us last week that Mark Sanchez was totally worthless...

Even if somehow the Jets lose this game, they took the reins off a fair amount this week against the Patriots, and that's 3 TD so far this game for him.

I was one of them. He has made some real nice throws today. Has to be consistent for the Jets to succeed though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
I was one of them. He has made some real nice throws today. Has to be consistent for the Jets to succeed though.

He's not going to be "Consistent" just yet...he's too young. They need to get something going in the running game, it's been almost non-existent with Green so far this year, although Tomlinson's had a very good game.

They just made Sanchez last week unwilling to look downfield. He's looked downfield more today, and it's suddenly pushed the D back from the line and opened up the passing game.

Remind me: why did the Bills take CJ Spiller in the first this year? It's because they needed to use a first round pick on a player that they were going to give 1 carry too, right? And that's why they won't trade Marshawn Lynch, because they need 3 running backs who could start on teams but can't do s*** with this team because the offensive line is garbage and no sane defensive coordinator is going to respect the Bills vertical attack.

What a joke of an organization.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
Remind me: why did the Bills take CJ Spiller in the first this year? It's because they needed to use a first round pick on a player that they were going to give 1 carry too, right? And that's why they won't trade Marshawn Lynch, because they need 3 running backs who could start on teams but can't do s*** with this team because the offensive line is garbage and no sane defensive coordinator is going to respect the Bills vertical attack.

What a joke of an organization.

just please make them beat the Jets and Patriots for me friend

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
I have an urge to start dragging up posts about how awful this team is and how they're going 4-12, but I'll decline.

They look bomb-ass right now. Today we got the Jay Cutler we all thought we were getting.

Martz = creative. I like.

F*cking hester even looked legit today!