Frank Thomas retires

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Thomas made it cool to be a White Sox fan. I certainly hope he receives the accolades he deserves now that he's gone. His legacy certainly looks so much better now that many of the steroids cheaters have been exposed. Let Frank bask in first-ballot HOF glow while all the cheaters rot on the sidelines. That would be some justice.

I've been on Mars for the past few days....just caught word of this today. I don't even know what to say that hasn't been said already. No statue in centerfield....it needs to be bigger than that. I'm talking 50ft high in the middle of the Ryan on the way to the Cell. Frank Thomas was a man amongst children. I wish I could see a montage of early 90's manager's faces as he stepped into the on deck circle in a close ballgame. #35, you will always be the greatest hitter of all-time in my mind. :notworthy :headbang :notworthy

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
I've been on Mars for the past few days....just caught word of this today. I don't even know what to say that hasn't been said already. No statue in centerfield....it needs to be bigger than that. I'm talking 50ft high in the middle of the Ryan on the way to the Cell. Frank Thomas was a man amongst children. I wish I could see a montage of early 90's manager's faces as he stepped into the on deck circle in a close ballgame. #35, you will always be the greatest hitter of all-time in my mind. :notworthy :headbang :notworthy

How is that?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)

Sports writers will have to put their votes where their mouths are now. They have b****ed for years about cheaters, and this will be their chance to prove it with about the cleanest perceived player superstar in the last 20 years or so.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
cleanest perceived player...........

Some probably think Frank was juiced. Imagine if Frank did roids. I would think his average would be around .340 with 50 to 60 plus HRs and at least 2 triple crowns.

I think people can get lost in players hitting home runs, but Frank was a very tough out. They would try to back door him only to see the ball get hit up the middle.

Edited by kitekrazy