2010 College Baseball Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In typical Miami fashion, they grab their neck and choke. Routine grounder from forcing a game 3. 7 errors and lose 4-3. Oh well, sucks that our 21 HR hitter and starting third baseman was in the hospital but should have won regardless.

Well I probably wont watch more than 1 inning straight until the final game of the CWS. So with that said, go anyone but Florida.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
7 errors in a game? WTF

lol, I know. We werent great on defense but we werent this bad either during the regular season. Almost comical out there this weekend.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
Wow, UCLA with a two-run shot with 2 outs in the 9th. Puts them on top 7-6

Tell me about it, ugggh. Hopefully when I land back in the US tomorrow and log onto my computer I see that Fullerton has advanced.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
TCU clinches and is going to go to Omaha. A part of me really wants UCLA to go on so we can see a Purke-Cole matchup.

I think Purke is going to start against us on Saturday. I really hope he doesn't though.

I don't expect much more from here, but I am proud of this team. It's not the best team we've had and they still were able to fight to make it back to Omaha!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 12:24 AM)
Amazing game going on between Arkansas and Arizona St. Arkansas was one strike away from being eliminated, but Eibner hit a bomb off of Jordan Swaggerty. Az St. has a set-up man, freshman Jake Barrett, that reached 97 mph.

Amazing game last night indeed! Glad it started at 7pm cause it gave me time to get back from a weekend at the lake and catch the game. Pure electricity out there. I really like this ASU team...VERY resilient up and down the lineup and fundamentally sound. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a all Pac 10 final with ASU and UCLA (who's pretty solid too). And fathom...Barrett's gonna be a complete stud in a couple years. He was a 3rd round pick of Toronto last year outta hight school but opted for ASU. He was projected by a few sites to possibly go in the 1st round but I think his solid commit to ASU might have shy'd some teams away. And granted...the ASU team has gone one all year without Spence at all. I bet he might be kicking himself in the ass for not signing with the Halos last year when he was drafted in the 3rd round.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 11:07 AM)
f***. UCLA finally gets past the Titans. Fullerton has PWNED them over the years. s***, sucks, we blew game 2 and Rasmussen was money in game 3.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, 2B Rahmatulla broke his wrist celebrating the victory.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Well, if it makes you feel any better, 2B Rahmatulla broke his wrist celebrating the victory.

It doesn't. I root for Socal teams to kick ass. Bummed out about Fullerton. But I'm proud that my program consistently dominates to the effect that I expect greatness each and every season. We'll be contending again next year, I'm sure of it. But this really was our best team since our National Champ team.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)

I remember hearing one of the UCLA players say very audibly, “GET THE f*** OFF ME,” when people were trying to leave the pile. I thought it was Rasmussen, but it was probably this guy. Ouch.

I guess I'll watch a CWS game since FSU and UF are playing each other. I really hope FSU beats Florida. You'd think by the way Gator fans run their mouth, this is a program who has been to the CWS more than 6 times in their program history(Which is pathetic when you figure that Miami and FSU have 20+ appearances each).

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
I guess I'll watch a CWS game since FSU and UF are playing each other. I really hope FSU beats Florida. You'd think by the way Gator fans run their mouth, this is a program who has been to the CWS more than 6 times in their program history(Which is pathetic when you figure that Miami and FSU have 20+ appearances each).

After getting eliminated by you guys 2 years ago, I feel relieved to get rid of UF. No way we win 3 in a row vs TCU and UCLA, but it'd be awesome. At least we won a game in Omaha this year (unlike last trip).

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
After getting eliminated by you guys 2 years ago, I feel relieved to get rid of UF. No way we win 3 in a row vs TCU and UCLA, but it'd be awesome. At least we won a game in Omaha this year (unlike last trip).

It sure did get a little too close at the end. Either way, it's nice to see Florida go 0-2!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
G. Cole has a great fastball, but holy crap does he work slow.

I'm still surprised that the Yanks weren't able to sign him when they drafted him. UCLA has a filthy rotation with quite a bit of upside.