Greatest little league moment...

JPN366

One year, I was the 5th hitter, behind our slugger and best player.

In our championship year, it was bottom of the 6th and we were down 1 with two outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd and I was on deck. The other coach walked the guy in front of me intentionally and I ended up hitting one off the fence to win the game and the title.

I got ice cream that day as a reward.

I did get hit with the bases loaded, the other coach was screaming that I didn't move, which I didn't, but I still was awarded first and we won. I was also on a team that won two championships with a starting rotation of me, another kid, and Michael Bowden, who is now a top prospect for the Red Sox. He got called up a couple of times in the last few years, in fact I think he made a late season start against the Sox two years ago.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Post your stories about your greatest little league baseball moment or moments.

I once threw a no hitter and my team was one game away from making it out of the Southern California regional and onto the state regional to potentially move onto the little league world series (I won our semi-final game, but we got whooped in the finals).

At the time, I was one hell of a f***ing pitcher. Unfortunately, my velocity didn't continue to grow and in high school I hurt my arm from all the years I pitched playing competitively all year long (travel teams, all stars, etc).

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 06:23 AM)
Traveling team, league championship game, one out, bases loaded, me a .275 hitter. I was too slow to move out of the way of an inside pitch and got plunked. Umpire rules I moved into the pitch (I did), does not award me the base. I didn't even know that was a rule. Two pitches later I crush one that drops in just over the shortstop's head.

Lol, I love your description in that last sentence!!