Sox Front Office to get Reality Show

MattZakrowski

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
This is like Money Ball, except it's a TV show and our front office is nowhere as near as interesting as the A's front office...

On a second thought, it really depends on what you mean by interesting.

I always thought it would have been cool to get the other side of the infamous Beane-KW draft day phone call from Moneyball. Now, we kind of get the chance. I think there's enough charisma in this organization to carry this show.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
this isn't a classic reality show. It's not just sticking normal people that want to be famous for 3 months into an INTERESTING situation!!!!!!!!

It's more like a TV documentary. I doubt they'll be making KW and Ozzie do scavenge hunts to see who will be kicked off the show first.

JR said that in order to afford Damon they need to get rid of someone. This is the only way JR could fire someone, make it thier own choice and make money, all at the same time.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:01 PM)
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Working title, "Can you hit better than a replacement level player (And if so, go DH elsewhere)

No need for that text to be in green, it seems to be quite accurate. At any rate, I will certainly be watching this show. Should be great television.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
This is weird. I hate reality TV with a passion, but this will have Ozzie on it. I'm torn.

X3. I have never watched Survivor, American Idol, or any of the others. But this one may just tempt me . . .

According to ESPN, the 1st episode will feature the debate over Thome.

"The White Sox first reality show episode will feature an inside look at the team’s front office as they discussed the pros and cons of offering designed hitter Jim Thome a 2010 contract. Featured in the episode are general manager Kenny Williams, and assistant general manager Rick Hahn.

The White Sox second reality feature will show White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf and MLB commissioner Bud Selig enjoying one of their many lunches together at their favorite Scottdale, Ariz., delicatessen. Here’s hoping the commissioner and Jerry don’t get themselves into a pickle, but we’re sure you’re going to relish this episode."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicagowhite-sox/p..._medium=twitter

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
The White Sox second reality feature will show White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf and MLB commissioner Bud Selig enjoying one of their many lunches together at their favorite Scottdale, Ariz., delicatessen. Here’s hoping the commissioner and Jerry don’t get themselves into a pickle, but we’re sure you’re going to relish this episode."

Hope this series cuts the mustard while we're all trying to ketchup.

Jeez. Who writes this s***, SHIPPS' comedy writer?

I don't want to see that episode, it might enrage me.

I can just imagine Rick Hahn using common sense and putting out some sabermetric facts out there, while Kenny is there going, "In Ozzie I trust."

Edited by chw42