Gordon Beckham: Player of the Decade and future HOFer

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Fielder will be lucky to be at 1st base 2 or 3 more seasons.

He's a DH waiting to happen.

Smoak could be the guy at 1st in a few years.

I still think that he'd be a DH if Detroit didn't have 5 DHs in their lineup.

I was slightly off on Smoak. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Pardon me guys as I haven't been watching a lot of games this year and I have a few questions about Beckham:

1) Is Gordon's .309 batting average in roughly 100 AB's anything to get excited about?

2) Has he lost some of his power with the new stroke (0 HR's so far)

3) Dare we consider some team friendly extension and hope he continues to progress?

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
Pardon me guys as I haven't been watching a lot of games this year and I have a few questions about Beckham:

1) Is Gordon's .309 batting average in roughly 100 AB's anything to get excited about?

3) Dare we consider some team friendly extension and hope he continues to progress?

No -- 100 at bats isn't enough to make meaningful predictions. He's looked good so far, we'll see if he can do it over 400-500 at bats.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 06:03 PM)

His average is something to get maybe just a little excited about. He's kept it up for longer than we've seen in a couple years.

He's definitely down in the power for now, but he's hitting a fair number of solid doubles and it's not unreasonable that "coming back from a broken wrist" will take away some of his power for much of the season.

Talk to me after the trade deadline when I know how much money has been cleared. By then we'll have hopefully another month of performance from him and we'll know better where our budget sits for next season.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)

So far he has been fime. His power is going to be down with the wrist injury.