2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
Andruew Jones is really on top of things. "Why did Andruw Jones come to camp so early? He thought the whole team was supposed to report today. Seriously. #whitesox" http://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/9448988186

Maybe he's just champing at the bit to get started? HOPEFULLY he's just champing at the bit to get started...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
Andruew Jones is really on top of things. "Why did Andruw Jones come to camp so early? He thought the whole team was supposed to report today. Seriously. #whitesox" http://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/9448988186

Ha.

"Something is happenin' here, but you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?"

Merkin tweets:

Ozzie had praise for Freddy Garcia and the way he looked throwing the ball today.

Jenks talks to MLB.com about decision to give up alcohol. Here.

Teahen on the White Sox attack: "I'm not sure it's saying a ton but it's the best offense I've been a part of at the big league level.

Cowley tweets:

Buehrle: "I still think they're making a mistake pitching me Opening Day. I've said all along Peavy is dominating."

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Merkin tweets:

Ozzie had praise for Freddy Garcia and the way he looked throwing the ball today.

Jenks talks to MLB.com about decision to give up alcohol. Here.

Teahen on the White Sox attack: "I'm not sure it's saying a ton but it's the best offense I've been a part of at the big league level.

Cowley tweets:

Buehrle: "I still think they're making a mistake pitching me Opening Day. I've said all along Peavy is dominating."

What is Cowley's twitter? The only one I could find was a Joe Cowley who's last tweet was about Linebrink in Sep. 2008.

Walker breaks down Sox hitters

Posted by scotgreg on Mon, 02/22/2010 - 15:37

GLENDALE, Ariz. _ Had a great talk with White Sox hitting coach Greg Walker at rainy Camelback Ranch Monday morning.

Look for the story on the White Sox' offense a little later, with plenty of interesting comments from Walker.

We talked a little more “off the record,” and here's what Walk had to say about some of the Sox' hitters:

Carlos Quentin: “He's in some kind of shape. He changed his training program this off-season and that's going to help him stay healthy. If he does, he's going to have a heck of a season.”

Alex Rios: “A lot of people wonder why a guy that's 6-foot-5 stands so low in the box, but that's how Alex always hit when he was putting up those great numbers with Toronto. And he's a feel hitter. When he came over last season, he was doing a couple of things wrong and we just weren't able to make the adjustment. We told him to just go home and get away from it for a while. When I saw him hit in Miami, he was right back to where he should be.”

Alexei Ramirez: “I think Omar (Vizquel) is really going to help Alexei this year. I think Alexei kind of missed not having Orlando Cabrera around last year. Cabrera really helped him and Alexei got a little lost at times without him.”

Mark Teahen: “He's a competitor and he's a guy we've always liked. I think a lot of those doubles (34) he hit last season, at our park, those have a good chance to be home runs.”

Paul Konerko: “I went over to his house (outside of Phoenix) and watched him hit and was really impressed. He put in a lot of work this winter and he knew exactly what he needed to work on.”

Juan Pierre: “He's the guy Ozzie's wanted for a long time, and he's going to bring a lot of energy to the lineup. He's a tough guy, a competitor, and he wants to be in the lineup every day. We just want him to do what he's always done.”

Andruw Jones: “We might really have something here. He got himself in great shape and I think he's got a lot to prove. I remember when we first tried getting him from Atlanta in 2004. A lot of people thought he was nearing the end, but he came back the next year and hit 51 home runs.”

Walker's not sure what the regular lineup is going to look like.

Pierre is going to lead off, likely followed by Gordon Beckham, Quentin and Konerko. Walk said Teahen could hit fifth, likely followed by Rios, A.J. Pierzynski, Ramirez and whoever the DH is that day.

@walker article

Interesting that they're gonna bat Beckham 2nd, I didn't think they'd do that. Not that I mind it, not at all. Teahen 5th is also veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting. I think I may mind that a little more, but they must be REALLY high on him if that's even a possibility

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
that hits 25 homers and 30+ doubles

why exactly would he suddenly jump from 15 hr a year to 25 because he's on our team?

I mean i like the guy, but lets temper our optimism and not name him to the all-star team quite yet.