2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Not very exciting cuts - none of those guys were ever intended to make the team this year.

Well, yeah. We already know the 13 position players making the team, so it was just a spring training note. Not intended to be exciting.

QUOTE (IamPabloOzuna @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)
speaking of danks...csn had a story on the danks brothers yesterday.

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/player?is_...p=1&dord=mr

Thanks. That was a nice little clip. Great to hear the interplay between the brothers.

Interesting hearing John talk about that high school championship game. You can see glimpses into the intense competitor behind his laid back personality.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
they say Jenks is nursing a sore calf -- isn't that what he went down with at the end of the season, a sore calf?

Specifically, a pulled calf muscle.

Could easily just be soreness from getting back up and pitching with the muscle the first time since injuring it.

Had a blast today at the Sox-Indians game. Game was fairly by the numbers, Retherford looked great, Putz seems to have life on all of his stuff, Santos is looking like a major league pitcher, and Daniel Cabrera is a mess. What happened after the game is where the fun began. I had great seats right by the dugout, so after the game after being spurned by Ozzie and Cora, I got Nix over to sign a ball, Lucy came up behind him with a look of hopeful expectation on his face, I didn't ask him to sign, felt awkward afterward. Next, came Retherford. Really nice guy. Fellow next to me asked him if he was playing tomorrow, said nah, "Going to Vegas".” Next comes Jordan Danks. One of the most athletic looking guys I've ever seen. And I'll tell you Jordan Danks might be the coolest damn guy on this team. We had the following exchange.

Me: Think you'll be in Charlotte, this year?

JorDanks: Dunno, they haven’t told me anything yet.

Me: at least they seem to be fast tracking you. (At this Danks turns with the biggest grin on his face.)

Jordanks: Absolutely! (He then turned to leave)

Me: It's the production!

Next comes Dayan, who still clearly struggles with his English, but was good enough to come over and sign.

After all this I was pretty damn happy. The players had dried up, so we turned to leave, and made it half way through the parking lot before my brother realized he has left his jacket in the stadium. We had to run back for that, but in some sort of divine providence, we got back to the employee parking lot, right as The Carlos Quentin pulled up to the stop sign in his car. Got his autograph, thanked him profusely, and went on my merry.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
Had a blast today at the Sox-Indians game. Game was fairly by the numbers, Retherford looked great, Putz seems to have life on all of his stuff, Santos is looking like a major league pitcher, and Daniel Cabrera is a mess. What happened after the game is where the fun began. I had great seats right by the dugout, so after the game after being spurned by Ozzie and Cora, I got Nix over to sign a ball, Lucy came up behind him with a look of hopeful expectation on his face, I did not ask him to sign, felt awful afterward. Next, came Retherford. Really nice guy. Fellow next to me asked him if he was playing tomorrow, said nah, “Going to Vegas.” Next comes Jordan Danks. One of the most athletic looking guys I’ve ever seen. And I’ll tell you Jordan Danks might be the coolest damn guy on this team. We had the following exchange.

Me: Think you’ll be in Charlotte, this year?

JorDanks: Dunno, they haven’t told me anything yet.

Me: at least they seem to be fast tracking you. (At this Danks turns with the biggest grin on his face.)

Jordanks: Absolutely! (He then turned to leave)

Me: it’s the production!

Next comes Dayan, who still clearly struggles with his English, but was good enough to come over and sign.

After all this I was pretty damn happy. The players had dried up, so we turned to leave, and made it half way through the parking lot before my brother realized he has left his jacket in the stadium. We had to run back for that, but in some sort of divine providence, we got back to the employee paring lot, right as The Carlos Quentin pulled up to the stop sign in his car. Got his autograph, thanked him profusely, and went on my merry.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
Man, how could you diss Donny like that. Any player I get a chance to have an autograph from is a welcomed opp. You should never say no. I remember even getting Rick Brunson autograph one time.

I was exaggerating a bit, but there was definitely an awkward moment for me there. He was walking towards the pen, but he would have come if I called. I didn’t call. I did say, “Good game, Donny.” So, there’s that.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
Man, how could you diss Donny like that. Any player I get a chance to have an autograph from is a welcomed opp. You should never say no. I remember even getting Rick Brunson autograph one time.

Yes, the exact reason I got a Brent Lillibridge autograph. :unsure:

I got Harold Baines and Gavin Floyd. And then I got Jerry Owens and Brent Lillibridge. I think they both actually devalued my ticket they signed.