2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
at least Beckham's putting on a clinic.

Rios as well. Both have hit the ball real well today. Funny I told some here that Mitchell would still be a PR or late inning replacement OF/PH after getting reassigned in the last game thread, and here he is getting injured. Hopefully it's not serious, but I hate to hear it's his ankle which is not a good place to have a guy, especially with speed, get hurt on.

QUOTE (striker @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
My thoughts exactly. He seems to get hit hard in spring too. I'm not worried.

He's had a little issue with his calf and apparently couldn't find anyone to catch him this winter so he's a little behind. I can't imagine the White Sox wouldn't have been able to find someone for Jenks to throw to. For all the maturing this guy seems to be doing, it just shows he still has a ways to go.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 05:23 PM)
He's had a little issue with his calf and apparently couldn't find anyone to catch him this winter so he's a little behind. I can't imagine the White Sox wouldn't have been able to find someone for Jenks to throw to. For all the maturing this guy seems to be doing, it just shows he still has a ways to go.

Yeah, seems like no excuse to me. Go to any college, and I bet those players would be lining up to catch a major league closer.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
Yeah, seems like no excuse to me. Go to any college, and I bet those players would be lining up to catch a major league closer.

I'll catch him. I'd pay for the experience. Just give me a whole lot of F***ing armor.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 06:10 PM)
Between Ventura at home, Moises Alou at second, Jason Kendall at first and Cliff Floyd's arm at 1B, I'd like to be able to un-watch all 4. :crying

how about cameron and beltran in the OF? that was sick.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Remember that guy from San Francisco, who ended up having his arm amputated. Hameker I think?

Dave Dravecky had cancer cut out of his pitching shoulder then pitched again 10 months later but in his 2nd start back pitching to Tim Raines his arm just snapped.

Went to the Sox game in Tempe today. I had another great time. I got autographs from Ramirez, Beckham, Gartrell, Morel, Armstrong, and great pictures with Beckham and Ramirez. Also, got Chris Chambliss and Jenksy to wave, Peavy to give me a nod, a thanks from Jacob Rasner, and Tony Pena to give me a fist bump. Game wise: Rios, Peavy, and Beckham look great. Dialed in and ready to go. Matt Long looked great as well. Jenksy was shaky, nearly all of his pitches were flat, and his curves didn’t break. I saw what happened to Jared Mitchell, and it was pretty frightening. He read that ball perfectly off the bat, and hit the wall hard. He lay there as rounds of applause, and chants of “Web Gem,” echoed through the stadium. I hope he’s ok.

Edited by Thunderbolt