2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing if Nix could get another lefty arm. Randy Williams is having a good spring, but i'd like to upgrade if the chance is there.

Then what? Tinybridge as the other infielder? Blech. I think we need Nix more than an upgrade at 2nd lefty, personally.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 02:05 AM)
Trade Nix for a lefty arm, and use Retherford as the other infielder. DFA Lilli, who really cares.

I think they'd do this if they had a willing trade partner. But you gotta remember, there are very few teams willing to give up decent LHP Relievers most of the time. We've been spoiled because KW pulled off perhaps the best LH steal in the last 20 years by getting a guy who's mechanics were screwed up and who was out of options.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:23 AM)
Thankfully he can stick more to pinchitting this year as Omar will be the primary defensive replacement.

You're assuming:

1. Omar doesn't wind up a regular starter/DH

2. Omar doesn't get hurt after being used like a starter the first month.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:23 AM)
Thankfully he can stick more to pinchitting this year as Omar will be the primary defensive replacement.

As long as Vizquel plays over him at SS, Nix should have some good value for the team this year. I hope he's a staple in the sunday lineup.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
As long as Vizquel plays over him at SS, Nix should have some good value for the team this year. I hope he's a staple in the sunday lineup.

you dont have to hope for it. he will be

just got back from spring training. Good times...got a ton of autographs...konerko, Beckham, Peavy, Teahan, Jones, Rios, AJ, Gavin, Hawk, Viciedo...and could have got more. The guy at Arizona Sports Cards kept running out of baseballs. Could have gotten flowers and Jordan Danks, but was out of baseballs.

One thing I noticed, what is with Teahan's throwing motion? He doesn't have a full windup. He throws the ball from by his head. Very odd.

Here are some pics.

24829_1320934396030_1610923954_793212_46

24829_1320934596035_1610923954_793217_30

24829_1320934836041_1610923954_793223_82

24829_1320934876042_1610923954_793224_17

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 08:10 AM)
I think they'd do this if they had a willing trade partner. But you gotta remember, there are very few teams willing to give up decent LHP Relievers most of the time. We've been spoiled because KW pulled off perhaps the best LH steal in the last 20 years by getting a guy who's mechanics were screwed up and who was out of options.

Oh, you mean Damaso Marte

(obviously you are talking about Thornton)

Williams is good at finding left handed arms with upside. Some work out, such as in the case of Thornton and Marte, and some don't, such as Sisco.

White Sox Sign Scott Elarton

By Tim Dierkes [March 25 at 11:14am CST]

The White Sox signed pitcher Scott Elarton to a minor league deal, tweets Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star.

Elarton, 34, last pitched pro ball for the Indians in '08. He worked out for the Padres prior to the '09 season, but they did not offer him a contract. Elarton's big score was a two-year, $8MM deal signed with the Royals in December of '05 when Allard Baird was GM. He had labrum surgery in August of '06.

Eric Karabell just gave love to Beckham on Baseball Tonight's fantasy preview. He said he is shocked to see Beckham going in the 7th and 8th rounds. He said he is going to be a stud who will steal a good amount of bases and hits for above average power. I got Beckham in the 8th RD in my draft. In fact, I even got Peavy in the 10th RD.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 02:46 AM)
Nice article on Peavy liking Hudson.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

And a video of anyone here who only thinks Quentin smiling was a one time thing..

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/vide...17&c_id=cws

Those are the kind of friends that young pitchers need to make, instead of Brian Anderson...