Home Security

RockRaines

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
Awww!

I grew up with a harlequin GD....always have a special place in my heart for their clumsy hugeness!

Yeah, she's adorable. mostly brindle and just a klutz. she just sprained her leg earlier this week so she's hopping along on three legs. She is easily the sweetest pooch that ever lived.

• 2 months later...

I am selling it. Here is one of the compartments

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
I'd be interested to hear more about those secret compartments. I am not a huge gun advocate, but if some s*** goes down in this area some day, I want the ability to defend myself.

DSCN0260.jpg

I have the Ozzie version. Instead of one powerful version it rotates between these three . . .

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 9, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
thats what i have. except the more powerful version.

unbranded-rubber-band-gun---magnum-45.jpwooden_pop_gun.jpgwaterpistol.jpg

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
This is what I bought for my place today to replace my old regular deadbolt. Apparently this thing is bullet and break in proof.

It's no more secure than a regular deadbolt and/or other type of lock.

The weak point of an entryway is the door itself, not the lock, but what the lock connects too.

Do you have any glass on your door that can be easily broken and then opened via reach around?

How strong the frame surrounding your door? This is actually the weakest point of any front or rear door, as these doors are usually void of glass and are made of solid wood, however, door frames are smaller pieces of wood with wood framing covering them in order to make them look pretty. If you ever took off the framing and shimmed a door, you'd know what I mean. The easiest way to break that lock is to kick the door off the frame. If done properly, one solid kick in the proper area will suffice. Usually, this creates noise, but depending on where you live, noise sometimes doesn't matter anymore, most people are too afraid to get involved.

Houses are usually broken into when people know you have things. Don't throw out large TV or computer boxes so anyone that drives or walks through your alley can see what you just bought. These are signs they look for. And quite often, Cable/Sat TV installers are the people that case places and tip their friends off to which houses to rob. Don't post when you're going on vacation on face book or other forums where the public can use a variety of means to figure out when you won't be home for an extended period, etc.

More often than not, common sense are the best locks to keeping your houses safe, not spending money on unbreakable locks, when nobody plans on breaking the locks anyway when a side window or a door frame are easier to break than a lock.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
My bedroom set has a couple hidden compartments which would take a burgler more than a few seconds to locate. One I modified to where it will not open without something else happening. So I feel reasonable safe that a burgler would not use my own gun on me. It also is an extra step that I would have to be awake enough to get to the gun and possible not accidentally shoot someone.

Now, some joker you met in the craigslist casual encounters is the beneficiary of all your hard work. Hope you remembered to remove the gun and other "toys" before you gave him the goods.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry2146645

Edited by Middle Buffalo

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 10, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
Now, some joker you met in the craigslist casual encounters is the beneficiary of all your hard work. Hope you remembered to remove the guns and other "toys" before you gave him the goods.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry2146645

fixed

The hidden compartments shown were factory built. I modified one of them to make it slightly more difficult to get into. I did not show him one of the compartments, we'll see if he ever finds it. I'm guessing he's going to be reselling the set. His wife wasn't really interested in looking at it.