Ozzie Guillen is now on twitter

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Esperando a joey oney y andrew jones para empezar la parrillada

so teahen wasnt invited to the bbq and

Tengo 15 dias sin tomar pero provoca una polarcita

ozzie said he hasnt had a drink in 15 days but its starting to provoke him (liquor at his place)

good stuff lol

oh, and lets not try to get andruw jones fat now lol jk

I never took a full year of spanish, but I think your first translation is slightly off.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
I never took a full year of spanish, but I think your first translation is slightly off.

lol of course its not the exact translation. i didnt take spanish becuase i didnt need it, i speak spanish. he said he was waiting for them 3 to come over to start the bbq. it was a joke i made in reference to teahen saying he wasnt invited to the bbq

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
lol of course its not the exact translation. i didnt take spanish becuase i didnt need it, i speak spanish. he said he was waiting for them 3 to come over to start the bbq. it was a joke i made in reference to teahen saying he wasnt invited to the bbq

I know, I was kiddding. :chair

someone might have already posted this but garfien wrote about it today on his blog (with video).

http://www.csnchicago.com/02/24/10/Sox-Dra...&feedID=665

But at this rate, Guillen is going to catch up with some high-ranking celebrities who have become Twitter sensations, like a famous pop superstar.

“Watch out Madonna, I’m behind you.”

And if Twitter was to ever start paying Guillen for his tweets, watch out White Sox.

“If I was making money on this, I don’t care who told me, Jerry, Kenny, my mom, my dad, I’ll tell them screw themselves. I don’t make money on this. I just want to have fun. (But) if there was money involved in this situation, I’m pretty sure I’d get fired because I would fight for it.”

Oh Ozzie...But seriously when does Lillibridge get a twitter????

QUOTE (IamPabloOzuna @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
someone might have already posted this but garfien wrote about it today on his blog (with video).

http://www.csnchicago.com/02/24/10/Sox-Dra...&feedID=665

Oh Ozzie...But seriously when does Lillibridge get a twitter????

"@lillibridge couldn't reach the counter today, had to beg my mom to get me a cookie"

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)

I speak another language myself but what I think what I said came off the wrong way..

I bet most of his 'followers' are people in USA not in Venezuela, I use twitter on my phone and I'm not going to translate every thing that Ozzie says in Spanish.

What it seems like to me is that his kid kinda forced twitter on him, I don't really picture Ozzie to be that tech savvy and while everyone is expecting some good stuff it seems like he is trying too hard right now. Does anyone else feel this way?

He already said he won't be talking about White Sox but Ozzie is the best when he blows up on the team or throws a player under a bus, if that won't happen I just don't think it will be that entertaining.

Of course I make the choice of following him or not, I'm just saying.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
Which is the best iPhone app to use Twitter?

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
tweetie's what i use. If you have multiple accounts it's the rams.

tweetie is definitely worth the $2.99 if you have multiple accounts. Their integration of lists is awesome, i have an MLB list, a WhiteSox list, a real-life-friends list, a music list, etc., it's pretty nice. twitteriffic is solid for the more basic user though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 02:25 AM)
This has gotten way more attention than it should have by the media. It isn't THAT big of a deal, especially with other strong personalities (Ocho Cinco, Shaq just to name a couple) who use twitter.

You don't see the distinction between player and coach though?

I think the media senses the possibility of much bigger stories because of the status of Oz as a manager and not a player.