Ozzie Guillen is now on twitter

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems some of the tweets are already being translated into English and Spanish by his son...

If there's kind of a "general message" that's not so specific, it's getting tweeted out both ways.

Oh god I jinxed kobe...time for mlb network

about 8 hours ago via txt I'm watching kobe, he reminds me of my boy mj would like to meet him

I think it's kind of cool, you get a "behind the scenes" idea of what Guillen's life and what he likes to do in his free time:

1) tease/mess with people and talk s--t

2) play bad golf

3) watch other sports like basketball

4) have barbeques and drink alcohol, hang out with the Hispanic players and coaches

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
oh god, its like giving a dog a squeaky toy...

LMAO. I couldn't have said it better myself. BAD idea. Not only does it give Ozzie a whole new set of opportunities to embarrass himself and the club, what do we possibly think we'll learn from him via tweets? He's bored? Wow. Thanks for sharing that. He's hungry? Awesome.

I agree with KW on this: shut it down, or make it offseason only.

QUOTE (Cowch @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
For us who are just starting up on twitter can anyone provide some sort of list of people/sport updates to follow? I'd rather not have to go through pages of searching for some of them... thanks in advance.

SoxNet

FutureSox

OzzieGuillen

ESPY_Teahen

MDGonzales

There's a start for you.

QUOTE (Cowch @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
For us who are just starting up on twitter can anyone provide some sort of list of people/sport updates to follow? I'd rather not have to go through pages of searching for some of them... thanks in advance.

These are the 10 people I am following....

ConanOBrien Conan O'Brien

OzzieGuillen Ozzie Guillen

InsideTheSox Scott Reifert

cst_sox Joe Cowley

ESPY_TEAHEN Mark Teahen

ChuckGarfien Chuck Garfien

MDGonzales Mark Gonzales

scottmerkin Scott Merkin

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

danieltosh daniel tosh

"I don't think anybody out there has enough money to buy myself to go someplace else,'' Guillen added. "I don't think I'm going to walk away from here for any reason - for better money or better team or better town.''

i love ozzie guillen, im glad he wants to stay and i hope he manages this team until hes old like bobby cox with the braves, hes awesome

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
"I don't think anybody out there has enough money to buy myself to go someplace else,'' Guillen added. "I don't think I'm going to walk away from here for any reason - for better money or better team or better town.''

i love ozzie guillen, im glad he wants to stay and i hope he manages this team until hes old like bobby cox with the braves, hes awesome

With the rope KW is giving him, we'll see if he survives the year. I like Ozzie too, more as a person, then a baseball man. IF he's going to continue making obvious flaws in his lineups, i'm not sure i'll want him when he's approach 80 and senility.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
Ozzie said he was going to dinner an hour ago....but still hasn't updated us yet as to where he went? I hope his twitter follow through is better during the coming weeks.

I didn't see your update on where you went for dinner tonight. Hop to it! :whip