Ozzie Guillen is now on twitter

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Ok ESPN, we get it, Ozzie has a twitter.

I know. Mike Greenberg was such a spaz this morning, and then the PTI guys today were making a big f***ing deal about it (Ozzie actually sent a shout out to Wilbon, but...). It's no big deal, and Ozzie isn't as wacky and crazy as you always portray him to be. Shut up about it, and do another stupid story about Tim Tebow's nonexistent NFL career.

/rant

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
I know. Mike Greenberg was such a spaz this morning, and then the PTI guys today were making a big f***ing deal about it (Ozzie actually sent a shout out to Wilbon, but...). It's no big deal, and Ozzie isn't as wacky and crazy as you always portray him to be. Shut up about it, and do another stupid story about Tim Tebow's nonexistent NFL career.

/rant

Sometimes I wonder if they actually have meetings dedicated to what players/teams they should worship each season to the exclusion of all logic. I think they probably don't, it's probably a virus that travels through ESPN, but they sure act like it's an orchestration.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
Sometimes I wonder if they actually have meetings dedicated to what players/teams they should worship each season to the exclusion of all logic. I think they probably don't, it's probably a virus that travels through ESPN, but they sure act like it's an orchestration.

it has to be a network decision, Stephan Curry was jammed down throats last year (although he is a better pro prospect than Tebow ever was or ever will be)

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)

And have you ever actually sat down and watched ESPN from 330 to 5 or 6. Rome, Around the Horn, and PTI all talk about exactly the same things (with the exception of Rome occasionally going off track and talking about some original subjects), and then they usually open Sportscenter with the same topics! I actually like most of the personalities on those shows (with Jay Mariotti being an exception) but they could vary the topics a little bit.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
Which is the best iPhone app to use Twitter?

Try Echofon first. (there is a free and a pro version) I've used the free version for over a year and it does everything I need it to do. If all you have is one account and want to read what Ozzie, Merkin, and Teahen have to say, Echofon free should do the job. If that doesn't do enough for your needs, then I agree with the previously mentioned twitterific because I've heard good things about it.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
ESPN has become like the E! and TMZ of the sports world. They overanalyze every small aspect of anything that even has potential to be controversial.

This.

It's a shame. I used to LOVE ESPN too. Now it's just over sensationalized crap. Like remember that WHO'S NOW contest with T.I's Big Thangs Poppin' blaring in the background? ESPN radio 1000 is garbage as well.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 06:26 PM)
i predict this will become the longest thread in soxtalk history. until they take away his twitter.

I predict that by April 20th I will no longer be following Ozzie due to his 10 daily mundane tweets clogging up my time-line.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
I predict that by April 20th I will no longer be following Ozzie due to his 10 daily mundane tweets clogging up my time-line.

i thought itd be cool to foolow ozzie on twitter and get them through my phone, but yea, he tweets a bit too much lol might be taking that off pretty soon

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
i thought itd be cool to foolow ozzie on twitter and get them through my phone, but yea, he tweets a bit too much lol might be taking that off pretty soon

I just don't understand the appeal of being informed Ozzie is about to go to dinner. If he gave you some White Sox stuff, that would be different. These guys are always talking about their privacy, in fact, Ozzie said himself the TV show will not be allowed to film at his home, yet throw crap like this out there only to fuel the flames of the people wanting more. He's going to wind up with probably over 100k followers, and probably at least 15k will actually think Ozzie is their buddy. I predict he grows tired of the whole thing and bags it at some point during the season.

Edited by Dick Allen