MLB 10: The Show

Quin

SoxTalk User's that Own/Are Getting the Show (courtesy of Kalapse)

SoxTalk Name PSN

Kalapse K_A_L_A_P_S_E

chimpy2121 drunkchimp

nitetrain8601 jtamay3

Jenksismyb**** IbKillin

BFirebird BDalco

Quinarvy Quinarvy_Ethil

kev211 kev211

almagest al_magest

Steve9347 Steve9347

SoxFan1 BigSlav89

OTHER B-Rich23

The Bones bones_r

JoeCoolMan24 JoeCoolMan24

Online Leagues

-None-

Here's a thread for the Show, since we are cluttering up the Video Game thread with our amazement at this game.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a September call up in my second season as a SP. Spot started 3 games, now in spring training in year three hoping to earn a spot in the rotation. Been traded three times already, heard they are fixing that patch. Really dont think ill touch franchise mode, love RTTS.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
Was a September call up in my second season as a SP. Spot started 3 games, now in spring training in year three hoping to earn a spot in the rotation. Been traded three times already, heard they are fixing that patch. Really dont think ill touch franchise mode, love RTTS.

I've got a 2B/RF for the Angels who plays sparkling defense and has pop, but isn't exactly hitting much (.189 avg...) and a pitcher for the Tigers who is the first man out of the bullpen.

Anyone feel like starting a league once the updated rosters are out?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)
Is there some reason why we have 2 threads on this?

One is a question thread asking which is better.

This is a Registration/League thread for an online PSN The Show league that they are putting together.

I'll merge the question thread with the Video Game thread.

I have a SP in RTTS. Amazingly, I was drafted by the White Sox. What are the odds!?!?! (1:30)

Anyway, about a month into my career (doing very well, btw), the Sox traded Floyd, Pena, and Vizquel to the Blue Jays for J. Accardo, B. Lucy, and O. Oquendo. The only one I know of is Accardo, and that's not even close to an even trade. The reason, I'm assuming, is because the of Player Potential glitch. I didn't care to wait until the fix comes out tomorrow, since it's only RTTS, but that's an awfully s***ty trade!

EDIT: The Sox just made up for that trade by trading Putz to the Red Sox for Lester. Wow.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
I have a SP in RTTS. Amazingly, I was drafted by the White Sox. What are the odds!?!?! (1:30)

Anyway, about a month into my career (doing very well, btw), the Sox traded Floyd, Pena, and Vizquel to the Blue Jays for J. Accardo, B. Lucy, and O. Oquendo. The only one I know of is Accardo, and that's not even close to an even trade. The reason, I'm assuming, is because the of Player Potential glitch. I didn't care to wait until the fix comes out tomorrow, since it's only RTTS, but that's an awfully s***ty trade!

EDIT: The Sox just made up for that trade by trading Putz to the Red Sox for Lester. Wow.

Video Game trades are always hilarious.

My favorites:

Josh Fields, Jerry Owens, Wilson Betemit (the deal breaker if not included) for Roy Halladay

Computer Trades for NBA Game: Danny Granger for Jason Richardson for the Suns...followed by Steve Nash & Leandro Barbosa for Tim Duncan & Richard Jefferson

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 09:42 AM)
Are you guys playing all of the games or simulating through most of the season? I started up a C/1B and it takes FOREVER to get through a game. Being able to play catcher is great, but I liked RTTS when it took 10 minutes to play.

I'm playing through my season, but I'm a pitcher, so it's different.

I started off with the Bowie Bay Sox (BAL) as a long reliever, then got a couple spot starts and moved into the rotation before they put me back in the pen as a MR. I then got traded as part of a deal for Lance Berkman and now I'm a long reliever for the Corpus Christi Hooks, still trying to get into the rotation.

We're about 3/4 into the season and in 30 games, I'm 5-0 with a 3.44 ERA. 122 H, 82 K, 18 BB in 104.2 IP with a 1.34 WHIP.

Just realized we have a seperate thread for the game so I'll ask again.......

For those who have both 09 and 10, is 10 worth the uprgarde?? My primary concerns are the graphics and gameplay, are these much of an upgrade from 09? Not really into franchise mode, and all that.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 09:49 AM)
Just realized we have a seperate thread for the game so I'll ask again.......

For those who have both 09 and 10, is 10 worth the uprgarde?? My primary concerns are the graphics and gameplay, are these much of an upgrade from 09? Not really into franchise mode, and all that.

Graphics are basically the same, or at least not enough to notice without playing the game side by side.

Gameplay is virtually the same too. However, having Home Run Derby (most fun I have had) RTTS pitching and fielding training, online leagues, + all the little nuances (umps gather together and have video review for Fair/Foul HR calls, catchers taking masks off to field, pitchers actually being struck by line drives, fielders helping eachother out of hard plays, ect).

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 09:15 AM)
I'm playing through my season, but I'm a pitcher, so it's different.

I started off with the Bowie Bay Sox (BAL) as a long reliever, then got a couple spot starts and moved into the rotation before they put me back in the pen as a MR. I then got traded as part of a deal for Lance Berkman and now I'm a long reliever for the Corpus Christi Hooks, still trying to get into the rotation.

We're about 3/4 into the season and in 30 games, I'm 5-0 with a 3.44 ERA. 122 H, 82 K, 18 BB in 104.2 IP with a 1.34 WHIP.

Yeah, I think starting pitcher is very fun and seasons go quick. Games only take about 15 minutes to play, and you only pitch once every 5 games, so it's not bad at all to go through a whole month of the season in 1 sitting. I am currently in June, and if I remember correctly, my stats are along the lines of....

8-2 record, 2.28 ERA, 94 H, 93 IP, 3 BB, 63 Ks, 1.01 WHIP.

That's just a guess since my system is not on, but it's close to those numbers.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you are wondering how I am doing so well I have this advice. LEARN A CUTTER! You may already have it, but this cutter is amazing. I have been a big fan of it since my RTTS pitcher in 09. I get 90% of my strikeouts and whiffs on the cutter. As a RHP, I throw it on the lower left corner every time. This would mean IN on the lefties, and AWAY on the righties. They swing and miss like it's their job. The only reason I don't have more K's is because I sometimes have a hard time getting to 2 strikes on the batter because my fastball and circle-change are not that great yet.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
Graphics are basically the same, or at least not enough to notice without playing the game side by side.

Gameplay is virtually the same too. However, having Home Run Derby (most fun I have had) RTTS pitching and fielding training, online leagues, + all the little nuances (umps gather together and have video review for Fair/Foul HR calls, catchers taking masks off to field, pitchers actually being struck by line drives, fielders helping eachother out of hard plays, ect).

False, they're noticeably better. The players look better this year too. Gameplay is virtually the same though.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
Yeah, I think starting pitcher is very fun and seasons go quick. Games only take about 15 minutes to play, and you only pitch once every 5 games, so it's not bad at all to go through a whole month of the season in 1 sitting. I am currently in June, and if I remember correctly, my stats are along the lines of....

8-2 record, 2.28 ERA, 94 H, 93 IP, 3 BB, 63 Ks, 1.01 WHIP.

That's just a guess since my system is not on, but it's close to those numbers.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you are wondering how I am doing so well I have this advice. LEARN A CUTTER! You may already have it, but this cutter is amazing. I have been a big fan of it since my RTTS pitcher in 09. I get 90% of my strikeouts and whiffs on the cutter. As a RHP, I throw it on the lower left corner every time. This would mean IN on the lefties, and AWAY on the righties. They swing and miss like it's their job. The only reason I don't have more K's is because I sometimes have a hard time getting to 2 strikes on the batter because my fastball and circle-change are not that great yet.

Solid numbers.

As for my guy, I chose to keep him as realistic as possible to myself, so I started off 4-seam, circle change, and 12-6 curveball. Then I added a splitfinger. The change is definitely my strike out pitch. I have a ton of success with it. The curveball is a tough pitch to develop though, but I'm seeing improvement slowly. Working the count is the key, as is getting ahead in the count though, obviously.

The things thats kind of annoying me as I go further though is the inability to avoid the big inning. And the fielders behind me piss me off. There seems to be way too many doubles down the line and under the 3B glove, and too often to hits in the OF get past the defender and go to the wall for a 3B. Other than that, no real complaints so far.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Solid numbers.

As for my guy, I chose to keep him as realistic as possible to myself, so I started off 4-seam, circle change, and 12-6 curveball. Then I added a splitfinger. The change is definitely my strike out pitch. I have a ton of success with it. The curveball is a tough pitch to develop though, but I'm seeing improvement slowly. Working the count is the key, as is getting ahead in the count though, obviously.

The things thats kind of annoying me as I go further though is the inability to avoid the big inning. And the fielders behind me piss me off. There seems to be way too many doubles down the line and under the 3B glove, and too often to hits in the OF get past the defender and go to the wall for a 3B. Other than that, no real complaints so far.

The Baron's defense has been awesome behind me, but yes, a TON of the hits I give up are doubles down the line past the diving 3B. I guess it could make sense that RH are pulling everything because my fastball only tops at 91, and my cutter is like 84, changeup at 82.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)

The things thats kind of annoying me as I go further though is the inability to avoid the big inning.

Sounds about right.

If it's anything like you realistically, I'm sure hitters will have a feel day hitting those hanging curves like I did. :D

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
Sounds about right.

If it's anything like you realistically, I'm sure hitters will have a feel day hitting those hanging curves like I did. :D

I'm pretty sure you didn't even get anything past the batters box.