MLB 10: The Show

Quin

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
I know the feeling. I have been doing RTTS forever now, I have wanted to start a Franchise but was waiting. I will check out the one you mention and see...it will probably be good enough for me.

Yeah, let me know what you think of those. I am waiting on the OS Rosters as well, but they are still about 3 weeks away, and I don't know if I can last another week.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)
Yeah, let me know what you think of those. I am waiting on the OS Rosters as well, but they are still about 3 weeks away, and I don't know if I can last another week.

They are pretty good. I think I found the one that Steve was talking about and its close enough for me. I'm sure it isn't as good as OS' rosters will be but they will work for me. I just couldn't stand waiting anymore, while I wasn't quite dominating RTTS like Kalapse over there I was doing pretty well as a pitcher. I need to work on hitting and going up to bat 4 times a game isn't much practice.

Edited by BFirebird

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)

I too am waiting for the OS minors, but they were wonderful last year, so I can wait. Especially if they get Mr. Franchise to work on the faces.

Other Rosters of Note:

Berejena's Recent Memories Classic Rosters: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea...ries-2000s.html (faces are looking great for this) Has the 05 Sox

Puppies on Acid Classic Rosters: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea...s-mlb-10-a.html Has the 59 Sox

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
I too am waiting for the OS minors, but they were wonderful last year, so I can wait. Especially if they get Mr. Franchise to work on the faces.

Other Rosters of Note:

Berejena's Recent Memories Classic Rosters: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea...ries-2000s.html (faces are looking great for this) Has the 05 Sox

Puppies on Acid Classic Rosters: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea...s-mlb-10-a.html Has the 59 Sox

Mr. Franchise did wonderful on his Heyward face.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 02:12 AM)
No kidding, I really hope the OS Full Minors team has him do faces.

I really hope they release an unfinished version so I can start my franchise soon. I hate how they go team-by-team, though because it's hard to start a franchise with teams that are not completed. I would rather they at least do the top100, release a version, and then do the rest. The top 100 is all I really need. I mean, that would include Mitchell, Flowers, Hudson, and Danks. And that's good enough for me.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 02:16 AM)
I really hope they release an unfinished version so I can start my franchise soon. I hate how they go team-by-team, though because it's hard to start a franchise with teams that are not completed. I would rather they at least do the top100, release a version, and then do the rest. The top 100 is all I really need. I mean, that would include Mitchell, Flowers, Hudson, and Danks. And that's good enough for me.

The Complete+Minors that Steve was talking about include them. It also includes Trayce Thompson, Phegley and of all people KW, Jr.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:42 AM)
The Complete+Minors that Steve was talking about include them. It also includes Trayce Thompson, Phegley and of all people KW, Jr.

Yeah. Jordan Danks was black with cornrows, but that's easily fixable. I made a pretty darn good Danks2 cap, actually.

The rosters are fine and dandy and I'm now actually enjoying a franchise.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
Yeah. Jordan Danks was black with cornrows, but that's easily fixable. I made a pretty darn good Danks2 cap, actually.

The rosters are fine and dandy and I'm now actually enjoying a franchise.

Yeah I just started, still in ST. I haven't fixed Danks2 yet, I will get around to it eventually. They also have Santos throwing sidearm. He doesn't throw sidearm does he?

So, I decided to make an All-Time Sox Roster, and here's my team.

Since some guys have numbers retired, I'm at a loss what to do for them. For example, Billy Pierce got stuck with #21. Guys in bold have been made, or we're shipped in the game.

SP - Mark Buehrle #56

SP - Billy Pierce #91

SP - Ted Lyons #6

SP - Ed Walsh - #82

SP - Red Faber #8

C - Carlton Fisk - #27

1B - Paul Konerko #14

2B - Nellie Fox #22

SS - Luis Aparicio #11

3B - Robin Ventura #23

LF - Joe Jackson #5

CF - Minnie Minoso #99

RF - Harold Baines #33 (This will be weird seeing Harold coach himself)

DH - Frank Thomas # 35 (I don't think it's retired in game yet, but if it is I'll do #36)

RP - Hoyt Wilhem #31

RP - Wilbur Wood #28

RP - Tommy John #25

RP - Roberto Hernandez #39

RP - Bobby Thigpen #37

CL - Bobby Jenks #45

C - AJ Pierzynski #12

IN - Luke Appling #44

IN - Eddie Collins #18

OF - Lance Johnson #1

OF - Magglio Ordonez #30

So I have 13 of 25 left to make. Any ideas to changes for the roster?

And before anyone asks, One Dog is on there because I did want a speed guy off the bench that could play the OF :unsure:

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 12:47 AM)
Fisk wore 72 with the White Sox.

Baines is 3.

Yea, but when I made Pierce, his number got changed to 21 because it's retired.

Fortunately, Pierce, Fisk, and Collins came with the game and have unchangeable numbers, so perhaps their's will stay.

Edit: Just looked, Fisk's number is stuck as 27, because people only think of him in Boston.

Just played a game against the Dodgers with this team.

SP - Pierce

C - Fisk

1B - Konerko

2B - Fox

SS - Aparicio

3B - Collins

LF - Jackson

CF - Rios

RF - Ordonez

Can't wait till I get this whole roster done.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
With his speed, I would have started Jackson in CF and either Lee or Quentin in LF.

Fair enough, but I don't think I'm gonna have Lee on the team.

But anyway, I got One Dog made, so until I get the rest of the starters (Frank, Harold, Minnie) my lineup looks like:

2B - Fox

SS - Aparicio

RF - Maggs

C - Fisk

3B - Ventura

DH - AJ (I know, but he fits more with an All-Time than TCQ)

1B - Konerko

LF - Jackson

CF - Johnson

Also, took Foulke off for Tommy John, so I can have a lefty other than Wood.

Edited by Quinarvy

Decided to make a hitter last week. I made a catcher to see how much fun it would be. It is NOT. I have SS picked as the backup position, and got to enjoy playing 80% of my games there the first month of the season. Now, they put me at catcher every game, and it sucks. I just simulate any game that shows me as catching. I don't want to play for 30 minutes a game, and not even rack up points for doing it. I should get points for strike outs too, or some sort of points. It's just not worth it.

I have been put at catcher for like 3 weeks straight, even after asking for a position change. This sucks because I feel like all I am doing is simming my guys career at this point.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 03:23 AM)
Decided to make a hitter last week. I made a catcher to see how much fun it would be. It is NOT. I have SS picked as the backup position, and got to enjoy playing 80% of my games there the first month of the season. Now, they put me at catcher every game, and it sucks. I just simulate any game that shows me as catching. I don't want to play for 30 minutes a game, and not even rack up points for doing it. I should get points for strike outs too, or some sort of points. It's just not worth it.

I have been put at catcher for like 3 weeks straight, even after asking for a position change. This sucks because I feel like all I am doing is simming my guys career at this point.

Yeah, I made C one of my secondary positions at first, it just takes so damn long, and the cool thing about RTTS is that it's fairly quick.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
Steve how and where do I get the rosters your using.

I dunno, I just went on Sports Connect through MLB 10 and one of the top ones was called Complete+Minors. Just sort alphabetically, if you have to.

I have deifnitely figured out hitting. The Sox under my guidance are 10-5, having just routed Jeff Niemann for 9 runs in the first inning alone en route to a 13-6 victory. The runs were well-timed, as Freddy was starting, and did his normally 5.1 IP of 5 ER ball. Dan Hudson has been a freak, so he might be taking that rotation slot soon.

Beckham oddly enough has 4 bombs, while Quentin only has 2 (although Q's drawing a lot of walks and has a .445 OBP). PK is feasting as well and Rios has been quite solid. I definitely have my batter's eye figured out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
I dunno, I just went on Sports Connect through MLB 10 and one of the top ones was called Complete+Minors. Just sort alphabetically, if you have to.

I have deifnitely figured out hitting. The Sox under my guidance are 10-5, having just routed Jeff Niemann for 9 runs in the first inning alone en route to a 13-6 victory. The runs were well-timed, as Freddy was starting, and did his normally 5.1 IP of 5 ER ball. Dan Hudson has been a freak, so he might be taking that rotation slot soon.

Beckham oddly enough has 4 bombs, while Quentin only has 2 (although Q's drawing a lot of walks and has a .445 OBP). PK is feasting as well and Rios has been quite solid. I definitely have my batter's eye figured out.

Haha I played my opening day today, and Q homered twice. My Q > Yours. haha