Key to White Sox Offense - Feeling Good.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

Yesterday was a good day for White Sox fans looking for signs of life in the Sox offense. Q with 2 home runs against the Cubs in a 15-3 romp. Nix 3-3 with a HR and 2 opposite field hits. In the other game against the Dodgers the Sox hit no HR's but still scored 8 runs with Jared Mitchell having a pair of RBI doubles. Both games the Sox played errorless ball.

Baseball's back. 2 wins . Whooping the Cubs, stolen bases, power, prospects doing good, good D and reliable pitching. For one day in spring it's all good .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
It was nice to see Carlos get off to a nice start, out of the DH spot no less. Perhaps, a sign of things to come.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. With how it seems like we'll have Quentin and Rios for a while, we'll need to move Quentin if we ever have Jordan Danks and Mitchell up on the major league roster someday.

I can actually see Quentin moving to DH, Rios play CF, and Danks and Mitchell play the corners in 2012.

I kind of think the Sox will have Mitchell be mentored by Pierre for as long as Pierre is here, and maybe once Pierre is gone after the 2011 season, Mitchell might be ready for the majors. I actually wouldn't be against keeping Pierre as a 4th outfielder after 2011, anyway.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
I was actually thinking about this the other day. With how it seems like we'll have Quentin and Rios for a while, we'll need to move Quentin if we ever have Jordan Danks and Mitchell up on the major league roster someday.

I can actually see Quentin moving to DH, Rios play CF, and Danks and Mitchell play the corners in 2012.

I kind of think the Sox will have Mitchell be mentored by Pierre for as long as Pierre is here, and maybe once Pierre is gone after the 2011 season, Mitchell might be ready for the majors. I actually wouldn't be against keeping Pierre as a 4th outfielder after 2011, anyway.

I highly doubt both Mitchell and Danks make it, and if they do, I'd be surprised if they do it in Chicago.

I really would not be surprised at all if Kenny plans on just moving Quentin to DH after this season, and having an OF of Pierre-Rios-Danks. And if Danks is not ready by then, then he can resign Andruw and have him in the OF, or if Andruw has a bad season at the plate, just go and get a stop-gap OF for 1 year.

All in all, I see Quentin being our DH of the future. I think keeping your star slugger off his bad foot is a good idea, especially since he is not really adding anything to the team defensively. He is not a liability, but he is also not making any diving plays, or chasing down balls in the gap.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
I highly doubt both Mitchell and Danks make it, and if they do, I'd be surprised if they do it in Chicago.

I kinda think Mitchell is more likely to make it to the majors than Danks. I honestly haven't really been much impressed by Jordan Danks other than the fact he's John's brother.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
I kinda think Mitchell is more likely to make it to the majors than Danks. I honestly haven't really been much impressed by Jordan Danks other than the fact he's John's brother.

I def. agree that Mitchell will probably have a better career in them majors, but I bet there is no doubt Danks gets a chance before Mitchell does. That is unless Mitchell GordonBeckham's (it's a verb) AA and AAA in a very short time frame.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
I def. agree that Mitchell will probably have a better career in them majors, but I bet there is no doubt Danks gets a chance before Mitchell does. That is unless Mitchell GordonBeckham's (it's a verb) AA and AAA in a very short time frame.

I think D2 will get to the bigs first, unless Mitchell absolutely destroys AA and AAA.

Ultimately, I want to see them both up, when CQ moves to DH when Paulie retires/is no longer with team.