Big 10 Tournament

I hate you Evan Turner.

Seriously though, that was cold blooded and awful defensive call by Belein to not guard inbounds. Just let the best player in the nation dribble up and get a clean look. Awful.

Stay classy, Matta.

How many times they have to look at it? Easily counted.

Edited by Brian

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
I hate you Evan Turner.

Seriously, that was cold blooded and awful defensive call by Belein to not guard inbounds.

Stay classy, Matta.

And what did Matta do other than challenge the Senator for dominance over Michigan. Turner just knocked UM out of the NIT.

And you by far have the fattest cheerleader ive ever seen.

I hope Belein enjoys his next job at a mid-major.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
I hate you Evan Turner.

Seriously, that was cold blooded and awful defensive call by Belein to not guard inbounds.

Stay classy, Matta.

That was an amazing shot but a really dumb decision not to have someone on him in the backcourt to put pressure on him, would have made it a more difficult play. That had to remind you of Richmond's shot against Warren last year btw.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
And what did Matta do other than challenge the Senator for dominance over Michigan. Turner just knocked UM out of the NIT.

Standing and pumping his fist and yelling at Michigan's bench after that shot.

I hate Belein. He is awful.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
Standing and pumping his fist and yelling at Michigan's bench after that shot.

I hate Belein. He is awful.

God forbid he get excited that they won, and he was doing that at the refs for going to the monitor. Probably because Hightower wanted to give UM some more free throws for no reason.

Oh and you just should also hate Belein and staff for their non-classy reactions after Harris's last 2 shots.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
That was an amazing shot but a really dumb decision not to have someone on him in the backcourt to put pressure on him, would have made it a more difficult play. That had to remind you of Richmond's shot against Warren last year btw.

Damn you. I still have nightmares of watching that Richmond shot fall.

All my basketball teams have been disappointing this year. This sucks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:01 PM)
God forbid he get excited that they won, and he was doing that at the refs for going to the monitor. Probably because Hightower wanted to give UM some more free throws for no reason.

Celebrate, but he was deliberately doing towards Michigans bench.

Seem to remember someone on the board criticizing Tom Crean for something earlier in the year.

Nevermind, it's Ohio State, they can behave anyway they want. My bad, Rock. ;)

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)
Celebrate, but he was deliberately doing towards Michigans bench.

Seem to remember someone on the board criticizing Tom Crean for something earlier in the year.

Nevermind, it's Ohio State, they can behave anyway they want. My bad, Rock. ;)

Tom Crean walked by Matta without shaking hands, Matta didnt do that at all in this game, I am watching the handshake line right now. And watching the replay again, he's yelling towards Hightower.

11-2 vs UM. Nasty

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Meaningful games for this Illinois basketball season will be finished in roughly 2.5 hours

Waukegan and Jereme Richmond playing for 2nd straight Sectional title tonight.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:12 PM)
I hope, on a daily basis, that Richmond will provide more his freshman year than DJ/BP have this year.

Brandon played this year the exact same way he did when he was on varsity at Warren as a soph. Trying to do too much, needed to get stronger/better, and he did.

Paul will come around.

Meyers Leonard's Robinson team on TV tonight. In final four at state vs. Hales at 8pm. Gonna DVR it

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
I hope, on a daily basis, that Richmond will provide more his freshman year than DJ/BP have this year.

DJ was damn good this year. He struggled the last few games but he had a really good freshmen year. Was good on offense and became a really good defensive player by the end of the year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
Tom Crean walked by Matta without shaking hands, Matta didnt do that at all in this game, I am watching the handshake line right now. And watching the replay again, he's yelling towards Hightower.

11-2 vs UM. Nasty

Pssh. Wrong. Go to espn.com and watch the replay. Matta starts yelling and pumping his fists in the air and THEN Hightower rushes over from behind to tell him to go back to his bench.

I dunno who he was yelling at. Either the Michigan bench (why?) or maybe someone at the table who he felt tried to end the game early? Either way, pretty f'n classless to act like that when your team had to have a miracle shot to win a game against an under .500 team

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Brandon played this year the exact same way he did when he was on varsity at Warren as a soph. Trying to do too much, needed to get stronger/better, and he did.

Paul will come around.

Meyers Leonard's Robinson team on TV tonight. In final four at state vs. Hales at 8pm. Gonna DVR it

I think Leonard has the highest ceiling of any player in the state. He has a lot to work on but 7 footers with his athleticism are incredibly rare and he is also fairly skilled.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
I think Leonard has the highest ceiling of any player in the state. He has a lot to work on but 7 footers with his athleticism are incredibly rare and he is also fairly skilled.

Agreed, Leonard has an almost limitless ceiling. I am so excited to see what he can do for this team.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
Hahaha, ironically Leuer just got credited with an and-one very similar to Mccamey's that was debated here in last weekends game

I was waiting for an Illinois fan to bring that up :P