Big 10 Tournament

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Eh, Bruce Weber still sucks.

I'll trade you Todd Lickliter for him. Will even throw in little Lick. At least it seems the Iowa AD finally may be starting to realize Lickliter wants to play a brand of basketball that talented players have no desire to play. Alford has New Mexico ranked in the top 10. I think Pierre Pierce may have singlehandedly killed Iowa basketball. Apparently Alford can coach and recruit, but after the Pierce fiasco he just was never going to be a fit in Iowa City. I just don't know what decent coach would want the Iowa job.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
I'll trade you Todd Lickliter for him. Will even throw in little Lick. At least it seems the Iowa AD finally may be starting to realize Lickliter wants to play a brand of basketball that talented players have no desire to play. Alford has New Mexico ranked in the top 10. I think Pierre Pierce may have singlehandedly killed Iowa basketball. Apparently Alford can coach and recruit, but after the Pierce fiasco he just was never going to be a fit in Iowa City. I just don't know what decent coach would want the Iowa job.

I'm still trying to figure out what Lick does well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
I'm still trying to figure out what Lick does well.

He apparently interviews extremely well. He received a 7 year contract. He gets $1.2 million a year. I guess if they fire him he receives $600k a year for the balance. He's also good at the congratulatory handshakes after the games.

Hah sorry, I'm an IU fan just poking fun at Weber. I felt like he was out on the court disrupting Badger passes more than his Illini players. I thought the NCAA was going to start to take a stand against coaches not staying in the box.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
The state of Iowa is a vortex of horrible basketball that appears to be sucking in the states of Illinois and Nebraska as well.

Ha at least Northern Iowa is having a good year.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
I hate when refs try to make themselves a big part of the game like they are in the Purdue/Northwestern game right now. People are here to watch the teams, not the guys wearing stripes.

I know, this is brutal. It's a tough game to watch and that T was harsh. 2 shots and the ball is a terrible rule, especially when they were already at the line!

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
And then Purdue gets a T and Northwestern only gets 2 free throws, but not the ball. That rule is dumb.

It's because the it wasn't a technical foul on Northwestern, they called intentional

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 07:36 PM)
I know, but why? How is one worse than the other? Doesn't make sense.

I think it has to do with when the foul was committed, but I could be wrong. Either way, I agree about it being stupid.