Big East Tournament

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
True, how is that game going by the way. My G'town upset over the 'cuse came through.

Tied early in the second half.

These two teams always seem to have nail-biter games.

I think the last 3 games they've played against each other (combined) have been decided by a total of 5 points.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Tied early in the second half.

These two teams always seem to have nail-biter games.

I think the last 3 games they've played against each other (combined) have been decided by a total of 5 points.

Look at Scenario back in the college basketball threads :-). I remember our Gerald Henderson vs. Jon Scheyer arguments years ago.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
Look at Scenario back in the college basketball threads :-). I remember our Gerald Henderson vs. Jon Scheyer arguments years ago.

That's right. IIRC, you swore that Scheyer would never get a chance to play at Duke, because he would be buried on the bench behind Martynas Pocius. :0

:P

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
That's right. You swore that Scheyer would never get a chance to play, because he would be buried on the bench behind Pocius.

:0

No no, I said he would not be better than Gerald Henderson. and that he would be on the bench behind Pocious.

Down to 2 points with 3:40 left... ughhh... here we go again.

13 of Marquette's game this year have been decided by 3 points or less.

Been a nerve wracking year to be a Golden Warrior Eagle fan.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
By the way, I still think Greg Monroe is the best player in the nation. Hard to match his scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks, steals, and rugged good looks.

No way. He's not even in the discussion. He's not aggressive enough and he disappears for long stretches far too often.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Evan Turner and quite frankly I don't think it is close.

Turner is fantastic as well, both guys do everything for their squad. I would just take Monroe's season against a tougher schedule and size over Turner.

Monroe, Turner, and Demarcus Cousins would be my three finalists. But I know either Wall or Turner will win it.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
Turner is fantastic as well, both guys do everything for their squad. I would just take Monroe's season against a tougher schedule and size over Turner.

Monroe, Turner, and Demarcus Cousins would be my three finalists. But I know either Wall or Turner will win it.

It would be an absolute joke if Wall wins POY.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
No way. He's not even in the discussion. He's not aggressive enough and he disappears for long stretches far too often.

The guy averages 16 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.2 spg, 1.5 bpg against the toughest schedule in the nation. He has to rely on his guards to get him the ball and he doesn't have a distributing PG on the roster. There's not a better big man in the nation.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
ND is playing much better, but in no way do I like their chances of beating those three teams in a row under any circumstances. Possible yes, but liking their odds to run the table I don't think so. Odds are about even up to get by Pitt, and stacked against them to survive past Pitt & W. Virginia. If they get that far to make it to the final they still would have to take out Marquette/G'town.

Can't see how you would like thier odds, I would guess they would be at least 20 - 25 to 1 to make the final at this point..

They've already done something similar to that, though.

http://www.ncaa.com/statistics/2009-2010/m...m-schedule.html

01/09/10 West Virginia W 70-68

02/24/10 Pittsburgh W 68-53

02/27/10 @Georgetown W 78-64

03/03/10 Connecticut W 58-50

03/06/10 @Marquette W 63-60

03/10/10 Seton Hall W 68-56

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
They've already done something similar to that, though.

http://www.ncaa.com/statistics/2009-2010/m...m-schedule.html

01/09/10 West Virginia W 70-68

02/24/10 Pittsburgh W 68-53

02/27/10 @Georgetown W 78-64

03/03/10 Connecticut W 58-50

03/06/10 @Marquette W 63-60

03/10/10 Seton Hall W 68-56

It is possible, but I just don't like their "odds" on doing it. They got by Pitt, and W. Virginia squeked by Cincy, so now the tough part begins. Since they have slowed down and began to play some "dee" they are a much tougher matchup then when they chucked up shots and acted allergic to the defensive end of the court that's for sure. Good luck to your Irish, they are on a roll at the right time of the year!