Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
+1

I have it queued up on Netflix but in no hurry to watch it.

There are a lot of "Experience" movies over the last few years. A lot of films that impress in 3D or IMAX or just on a huge screen in a theater setting but transfer poorly to home viewing on most average viewers' entertainment setups.

Avatar, Cloverfield, The Dark Knight, and a lot of the kids 3D stuff like Monsters vs Aliens.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
I don't know what your definition of stupid is but you just have to watch it to see for yourself I guess. It gets better and better as the movie goes on. Only complaint I had was that it was long as hell but it wasn't like Transformers 2 pointless kind of long.

Well im not saying that the movie isn't good, because I haven't seen it.. I am just saying that the reason I have yet to see it was because it just doesn't look good to me, I don't know why.. doesn't look like ide enjoy it..

And yes, Kick Ass was awesome..

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
There are a lot of "Experience" movies over the last few years. A lot of films that impress in 3D or IMAX or just on a huge screen in a theater setting but transfer poorly to home viewing on most average viewers' entertainment setups.

Avatar, Cloverfield, The Dark Knight, and a lot of the kids 3D stuff like Monsters vs Aliens.

The Dark Knight? Are you stoned?

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
Well im not saying that the movie isn't good, because I haven't seen it.. I am just saying that the reason I have yet to see it was because it just doesn't look good to me, I don't know why.. doesn't look like ide enjoy it..

And yes, Kick Ass was awesome..

I didn't really expect to like it either. I think my wife wants to watch it again but I don't really want to sit down for another 2 1/2 hours. I might watch it again when it comes out in 3D, and after I get a 3D TV but that's not gonna be for another couple of years.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
I didn't really expect to like it either. I think my wife wants to watch it again but I don't really want to sit down for another 2 1/2 hours. I might watch it again when it comes out in 3D, and after I get a 3D TV but that's not gonna be for another couple of years.

Im sure I will get around to checking it out when its on Zune on my XBOX and im looking for something to watch..

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:49 AM)
Why not?

I go see em every year..

Lucky for you then because 8 is already confirmed. Once upon a time 6 was supposed to be the last one as they were shooting for two trilogies. Nine of them is all but a lock in my opinion as there is word they are looking to now end on three trilogies... as people are putting it.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 04:16 AM)
Lucky for you then because 8 is already confirmed. Once upon a time 6 was supposed to be the last one as they were shooting for two trilogies. Nine of them is all but a lock in my opinion as there is word they are looking to now end on three trilogies... as people are putting it.

I just watched VI last week...not a good movie.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:16 AM)

Then they'll get to 9...and they'll realize..."Hey, money!"

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:01 AM)
Did Anyone watch that 30 for 30 movie 'Run Ricky Run'? I thought it was the best ESPN film since the documentary on Miami U football

I thought it was very well done. Very honest & candid.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
Nightmare on Elm Street getting terrible reviews. Big surprise. Anything Michael Bay touches is garbage.

I doubt it would even come close to the feel and suspense of the original. Lot more than just similar murders and shot, etc

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
Nightmare on Elm Street getting terrible reviews. Big surprise. Anything Michael Bay touches is garbage.

I went and saw it at midnight, and it was packed full.. i had to sit in the handicapped seats there was no room..

I thought it was pretty good..