Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 22, 2010 -> 07:37 AM)
Watched Crazy Heart last night. Very solid film. Bridges did a heckuva job.

TERRIBLE ending tho.

Saw Splice last night - just okay, and it was more scifi than horror. Some good "ewwwwww" moments.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (juddling @ May 31, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
Saw Sherlock Holmes and the Blind Side. Both were ok. glad i waited till they were on video.

Looking forward to the sequel for Sherlock Holmes when that comes out next year I presume.

I thought the 1st film was pretty good, but there's definitely stuff they can improve on. Be interesting to see who they get to play Moriaty.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
There's an online campaign organizing to get Donald Glover, an African American, an audition for the next Spiderman.

Sure. Then let's start a petition to have a white guy play Shaft.

Peter Parker? He's defined by his nerdy whiteness.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 02:23 AM)
Am i missing something???? I don't find Russell Brand funny in the slightest. I hope i'm not the only one.

You're not, I hate that guy

Watched The Informant! and Law Abiding Citizen the last few nights.

The Informant! was better than I expected, mostly because I think someone ragged on it pretty well here. I thought Matt Damon did a good job, and some of the humor was cracking me up ("from a Crichton novel")...there is some really funny s*** in that movie...

Law Abiding Citizen was kinda lame, and I don't really care much for Jamie Foxx, but I do still like Gerard Butler, so I enjoyed watching him screw with Foxx...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 07:02 AM)
Watched The Informant! and Law Abiding Citizen the last few nights.

The Informant! was better than I expected, mostly because I think someone ragged on it pretty well here. I thought Matt Damon did a good job, and some of the humor was cracking me up ("from a Crichton novel")...there is some really funny s*** in that movie...

Law Abiding Citizen was kinda lame, and I don't really care much for Jamie Foxx, but I do still like Gerard Butler, so I enjoyed watching him screw with Foxx...

Same here. I feel that he stole the Oscar off of Don Cheadle for Hotel Rwanda (and even Leonardo DiCaprio for The Aviator), and that his win caused Joaquin Phoenix to lose the following year. They both played iconic American singers in consecutive years who both died recently, and I think that came into play with the Academy's decision. But to be fair, the year Phoenix lost was an incredibly stacked year for Best Actor.

I just feel that Foxx didn't do an outstanding job in Ray, just pretty good. He didn't do any of the singing, and it seemed to me that a lot of the acting was just the imitation of Ray Charles' mannerisms.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 02:23 AM)
Am i missing something???? I don't find Russell Brand funny in the slightest. I hope i'm not the only one.

Thats how I feel about Jonah Hill