Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 07:57 AM)
Green Hornet comes out in January? Hope it is good but that can't be a good sign. Should be a summer movie.

What planet have you been on? Most good movies come out in the winter these days.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)
What planet have you been on? Most good movies come out in the winter these days.

In November or December for Oscar race. Crap comes out in January and Feb.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 07:57 AM)
Green Hornet comes out in January? Hope it is good but that can't be a good sign. Should be a summer movie.

They recently moved it from December to January and then they decided at the last minute to do 3D conversion. It is going to suck and it looks awful. Plus, Rogen just has no acting talent whatsoever.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Anyone else see Shutter Island? Gotta say I was kinda disappointed. Saw the ending a mile away, and I just never got hooked into it. Felt like with a different director that could have been a really, really good movie.

Blasphemy

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
Blasphemy

You think? I mean, it had such a Sixth Sense vibe, but they gave it away in the trailer. And the pacing was go go go from the start. I will give Scorcese this though - unlike 95% of his movies, this one I didn't feel like 45 minutes needed to be cut.

Just watched Book of Eli...a little disappointed.

Was a cool setting, well-done, I liked the idea of the plot, just...well, a little underwhelming at the end.

Never really felt like it reached a crescendo or anything, and then it sort of just winds down.

While I love Denzel, and Mila Kunis is hot, I needed something more out of this one.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
Just watched Book of Eli...a little disappointed.

Was a cool setting, well-done, I liked the idea of the plot, just...well, a little underwhelming at the end.

Never really felt like it reached a crescendo or anything, and then it sort of just winds down.

While I love Denzel, and Mila Kunis is hot, I needed something more out of this one.

I actually was pleasantly surprised by that movie. Went in expecting nothing much though. I thought the twist near the end was nicely done, solid acting, well directed and produced, good dialogue.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
I actually was pleasantly surprised by that movie. Went in expecting nothing much though. I thought the twist near the end was nicely done, solid acting, well directed and produced, good dialogue.

Yeah, maybe my expectations were high, and thus it didn't live up to them...

The twist was cool, but I still felt like it needed a little extra something...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Yeah, maybe my expectations were high, and thus it didn't live up to them...

The twist was cool, but I still felt like it needed a little extra something...

I thought the twist was among the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in a movie and the plot was laughable.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:47 PM)
The movie has to be a family comedy.

It's pretty typical Sandler fare - some physical comedy, lots of guys ragging on each other, and a handful of nice moments. You're not going to come out of it saying it was the funniest thing ever, but you have a good time.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
It's pretty typical Sandler fare - some physical comedy, lots of guys ragging on each other, and a handful of nice moments. You're not going to come out of it saying it was the funniest thing ever, but you have a good time.

I understand what you mean, but I think it should be clarified that those types of movies are the recent Sandler fare. I now pronounce you Chuck & Larry, Bedtime Stories, etc. are examples of that.

His movies from the 1990's (Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, Big Daddy) were flat out hilarious and weren't family oriented at all.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
I understand what you mean, but I think it should be clarified that those types of movies are the recent Sandler fare. I now pronounce you Chuck & Larry, Bedtime Stories, etc. are examples of that.

His movies from the 1990's (Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, Big Daddy) were flat out hilarious and weren't family oriented at all.

Even the 90s Sandler flicks aren't all that raunchy - not in the same league as things like The Hangover and some of Apatow's movies. I haven't seen C&L or Bedtime Stories, but I didn't think Grown Ups deviated from even the 90s Sandler that much.