Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Trying to think of a bad Decaprio movie ?...

Trying to think of a bad Nolan movie? Following, Memento, Insomnia, Prestige, Begins, Dark Knight, I enjoyed them all.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Trying to think of a bad Nolan movie? Following, Memento, Insomnia, Prestige, Begins, Dark Knight, I enjoyed them all.

''Following'' very well might be most impressive of the bunch... considering what he had to work with. Very first movie? $6,000 dollar budget? Outstanding.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)

He did Insomnia? The one in Alaska with Robin Williams as the bad guy? I didn't know he did that one. Yeah, I liked all of those, though I haven't seen "Following".

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
He did Insomnia? The one in Alaska with Robin Williams as the bad guy?

Yup. A remake of a Swedish film. I admit I like the original better although Nolan did a commendable job in his version.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
He did Insomnia? The one in Alaska with Robin Williams as the bad guy? I didn't know he did that one. Yeah, I liked all of those, though I haven't seen "Following".

Insomnia was awesome, although admittedly I'm a sucker for both Al Pacino and Robin Williams.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Trying to think of a bad Decaprio movie ?...

I haven't seen it in a really long time, but I remember dislikng Man in the Iron Mask. Besides that Dicaprio chooses great movies, and I can't imagine most of the movies he was in being nearly as good without him in them. Catch Me If You Can and The Aviator being two great examples of that.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Yup. A remake of a Swedish film. I admit I like the original better although Nolan did a commendable job in his version.

It was Norwegian actually. Don't wanna make the vikings angry...... :)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
Ingloriuous Bastards proved that QT still sucks at making movies (Resevoir Dogs being his last good one). Decent idea, style was all over the place, pacing was all over the place, crappy ending, and 30 minutes longer than it needed to be. Just bad.

Ha.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Insomnia was awesome, although admittedly I'm a sucker for both Al Pacino and Robin Williams.

Robin Williams is a great actor overall, but he especially plays an incredible psycho. He was the creepiest thing ever in One Hour Photo.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
I haven't seen it in a really long time, but I remember dislikng Man in the Iron Mask. Besides that Dicaprio chooses great movies, and I can't imagine most of the movies he was in being nearly as good without him in them. Catch Me If You Can and The Aviator being two great examples of that.

I enjoyed it actually, saw it during plane trips like 5 times. Wasnt the best of movies but was a fun movie, plus anything about the musketeers is badass.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
Robin Williams is a great actor overall, but he especially plays an incredible psycho. He was the creepiest thing ever in One Hour Photo.

I agree, he's fanstastic in those roles. So odd he's that good at stand-up comedy, and that good at basically the opposite of stand-up comedy. He's really underappreciated as an actor. He was also good in Dead Again, and even though it was pretty much universally panned, I liked him in What Dreams May Come.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
''Following'' very well might be most impressive of the bunch... considering what he had to work with. Very first movie? $6,000 dollar budget? Outstanding.

I must see this.

Inception got 5 stars on IGN the other day, and I'm a huge fan of Nolan's work. People are predicting it's going to win a lot of academy awards potentially next year also.

Cannot wait to see this.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
Inception got 5 stars on IGN the other day, and I'm a huge fan of Nolan's work. People are predicting it's going to win a lot of academy awards potentially next year also.

Cannot wait to see this.

Now 9 for 9 on Rotten Tomatoes.

Had Avatar for 2 weeks from Netflix. Just sent it back and didn't watch. Oh well.

Sweet, just saw "Following" is streamed on the netflix site. I'll watch it soon.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
All you Robin Williams lovers need to go see the very dark comedy 'World's Greatest Dad'.

Right after you rent "The Happening" and watch it all the way through