Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
Thanksgiving freaked me out. Especially the scene on the trampoline

I was hoping Eli Roth would make Thanksgiving into a real movie.

Grindhouse is coming out on Blu Ray and will have all the fake trailers with it.

Finally saw Inception (took a while to scrounge up some friends willing to go with me). I really liked it, but I can't help but feel the ending is a cop out or a little cliched. Very well done, though, and I think I can anticipate what questions my students will ask when we talk about sleep and dreaming. I will say it was nice to sit through a movie that had some originality to it (I think that's why the ending felt off to me--it was just so predictable). Also, Cillian Murphy.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
I was hoping Eli Roth would make Thanksgiving into a real movie.

Grindhouse is coming out on Blu Ray and will have all the fake trailers with it.

While the movies weren't great, when I saw GRINDHOUSE in the theatre, I had fun during the experience. I liked Planet Terror better than Death Proof, but both entertained me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
While the movies weren't great, when I saw GRINDHOUSE in the theatre, I had fun during the experience. I liked Planet Terror better than Death Proof, but both entertained me.

I think they should have put Death Proof first than had Planet Terror. I think have the more action packed movie second would have been cool.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
I think they should have put Death Proof first than had Planet Terror. I think have the more action packed movie second would have been cool.

I agree, I liked them both though..

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
Trailer for 'Let Me In' just came out. Hopefully this remake comes close to being as brilliant as the Swedish original 'Let The Right One In'

Now if we could get them to re-release the original and fix the subtitles.....

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)
Now if we could get them to re-release the original and fix the subtitles.....

They have.

I did love the deep, gravel voice they gave the vampire girls in the original version which made you have to listen to the original foreign dialog with the botched subtitles, so I was glad to hear there is a better DVD release now.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
If you guys like to be surprised by comedies you never thought would be funny, see Hot Rod.

Agreed. I watch it whenever I am flipping and see it on cable.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)
I saw Inception tonight, and for the past 2+ hours I have been trying to solve it. My friend and I keep texting eachother back and forth feeding ideas off eachother. I think I got it pretty much solved after watching some vids on youtube.

This right here makes me never want to see that movie..

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
I'm not sure if anyone has heard of Chicago Overcoat, but I watched that tonight. It's actually still in limited release, I believe, but I have a bootleg copy.

It stars Frank Vincent and has appearances by Stacy Keach, Armand Assante, and Mike Starr. It definitely wasn't a great movie, but I enjoyed it enough. There were a lot of Chicago locations.

My dad had a small part in that film. He told me that Frank Vincent is a super nice guy.