Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
I'm stoked to see "Step Up 3D."

I think it's funny with all these 3d movies trying to utilize the new medium artistically, step up 3d comes out to resort it back to gimmick status.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 11:46 PM)
6/10 for "The Other Guys".

Lots of funny jokes, but I was waiting for it to end the last half hour or so.

I give it a 8/10 for the first half of the movie. I was laughing non stop, hard LOLZ. But the second half I found myself day dreaming not even paying attention. once it lost its steam it was pretty much over with. 3/10 in the second half. So I would probably agree with the 6/10.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
I give The Other Guys 8/10. Eva Mendes looked GREAT.

The scene where they're fighting at the funeral almost had me in tears.

Bare assed in "The Spirit."

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
I dont know if its explained in the book, but can someone explain The Road to me. Why were they headed south, why was the family following them, and what exactly happened to make the world go bad?

It is intentionally never made fully clear why the world went bad, though in the book, the hints seem to point mostly towards nuclear war.

Not sure what you mean by a family following them - I don't recall that from the book (haven't seen the film).

South, and more importantly, to the water - that was what kept them going, though I think it was always inentionally unclear as to why exactly they chose that path.

In the last few days, I've watched Children Of Men and MacArthur.

I though Children Of Men was great, gave it a full five stars on Netflix. MacArthur was also really good, but I only gave it four stars. It kept me into the movie, but it seemed to lack something. Plus, they didn't really go into how General MacArthur was sort of a glory hound and egomaniac.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
I though Children Of Men was great, gave it a full five stars on Netflix.

Love that movie. That extended shot during the battle at the end was insane. I wonder how many takes they needed to get that shot off.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
Love that movie. That extended shot during the battle at the end was insane. I wonder how many takes they needed to get that shot off.

It may be sick, but I thought it was awesome when the blood spatters onto the camera & stays there during that shot.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
It may be sick, but I thought it was awesome when the blood spatters onto the camera & stays there during that shot.

Everything about that scene was awesome. Blood splattered camera included.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)

I heard somewhere that a lot of the extended shots were actually multiple shots seamlessly put together through editing. Dunno how they did it, but it worked. Awesome movie.

For those of you who have seen The Other Guys, are there any real inappropriate parts in it? Like lets say someone 13-15 years old was to go see it with their family, would there be anything pretty questionable in the movie for a person of that age?

I don't care about language, I doubt that's big in it.. but other things..

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 02:27 AM)
For those of you who have seen The Other Guys, are there any real inappropriate parts in it? Like lets say someone 13-15 years old was to go see it with their family, would there be anything pretty questionable in the movie for a person of that age?

I don't care about language, I doubt that's big in it.. but other things..

I cant think of any. I am numb to that stuff though. But thinking back on it I dont think there is any sexual or weird scenes in it that a 13 year old shouldnt be watching.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 06:16 AM)
I cant think of any. I am numb to that stuff though. But thinking back on it I dont think there is any sexual or weird scenes in it that a 13 year old shouldnt be watching.

Perhaps the part where Ferrell's mother-in-law is forced to describe the sexual acts between him and her daughter? That's about the only thing I can think of, and those were so vague that I doubt a little kid would really get them.

Edited by Milkman delivers