Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
it just looks so horrible from all the previews i've seen.

yeah that's because the previews don't show anything.. the previews make it look pretty tame, but the actual movie itself is nothing like the preview..

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
Really? I thought it looked awful. Like unbelievably awful.

To each it's own. FWIW the reviews have been good, and we should see some solid Goldbluming in this flick as well.

And yes, we should all add "Goldbluming" to our vocabulary as a verb.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
I'm going to support my boy Jason Bateman tonight and am taking the wife to "The Switch". Looks pretty solid.

Wow. Way more heartfelt, funny, and serious than the previews. Such an adult comedy. LOVED IT.

I am surprised at how good this movie was, and I expected to enjoy it. Seriously, this might be one of my favorite movies I've seen... I've never smiled so much.

Man, did I love that movie.

Edited by Steve9347

While I know this thread primarily deals with current movies, if you're a fan of classic drive-in schlock from the 70s, you may want to check out "Bonnie's Kids". This was recently issued on DVD by Dark Sky Films using the original camera negative and it's a blast! The scene before the opening credits runs close to 13 minutes and it is a MINDBLOWER! The rest of the film is just as fun and twisted! They sure don't make movies like this anymore... highly recommended!

http://www.amazon.com/Bonnies-Kids-Special...7471&sr=8-1

Edited by zimne piwo

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Sounds like the critics are watching it for what it is. A cheesy horror flick that shouldn't be taken too seriously. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't even know if I would call it a horror flick but I guess that's as close as it is.. anyways, its literally hott chicks, naked hott chicks, and some freakin sweet gore.. like I said, it was a fun movie

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)
Watched the documentary Collapse last night. Scary s***.

I had put this in my Blockbuster queue when you posted this, and just got it the other night and watched it tonight. s***, you're not kidding. That is the scariest movie I have ever seen I think...no exaggeration...and I'm not sure the part at the end makes me feel better or not.

Thanks for ruining my life, Sqwert. :unsure:

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
I had put this in my Blockbuster queue when you posted this, and just got it the other night and watched it tonight. s***, you're not kidding. That is the scariest movie I have ever seen I think...no exaggeration...and I'm not sure the part at the end makes me feel better or not.

Don't worry. You can join me in my 5000 sq ft bomb shelter I'm constructing.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 08:07 AM)
Yes but it will be on a LAN including only those in the bomb shelter.

I trust you have an accurate and extensive knowledge of the latest in efficient and diverse organic food production. I'd like to confirm my reservation.

QUOTE (Felix @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
Saw Piranha 3D this afternoon.. definitely a ton of fun and really nothing to be taken seriously. Anyone that doesn't enjoy it is incapable of having fun at the movies :P

did you think the penis part was funny, cause i was laughing my ass off

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)

More updates.

Finally got around to watching The Hurt Locker last night. Gotta say, not seeing what the buzz was about. The production and acting were top notch. I even liked some of the shooting they did (slow mo action cams with the blasts). But the story didn't really go anywhere. It was basically just 2 hours of tension and kind of a meh ending.

B- in my book.