Films Thread

knightni

Isn't Collapse that "conspiracy theory" movie?

Isn't Inside Job better?

I had a friend who insisted I see Collapse but I wasn't that interested when I watched the trailer...

And everyone ripped The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to shreds...you liked it?

As far as Transformers III goes, it's a mixed bag. As a history fan, I like movies that get everyone to research things on their own and learn more about the past...otoh, there will be a significant segment of the population (especially younger, more impressionable viewers) who start to question whether we even landed on the moon or there's another government cover-up, Area 51 (Independence Day also comes to mind off the top of my head), etc. I'll admit when I was younger I got into the whole JFK thing, reading about Pearl Harbor as well...there is so much stuff out there about 9/11 now too, you just have to make sure you study both sides (like the Warren Commission Report) to get a balanced/objective view.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 11, 2010 -> 10:09 AM)
Isn't Collapse that "conspiracy theory" movie?

Isn't Inside Job better?

Yes it is and I haven't seen Inside Job yet. Collapse has an 83% on Rotten Tomatoes.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 11, 2010 -> 10:09 AM)
And everyone ripped The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to shreds...you liked it?

86% on RT

Buddy of mine was one of the sound guys for the first two Transformers movies, I assume he's on this one too but haven't asked yet. He developed some of the robotic sounds, and he's the voices on the radio in the car in the first movie (which was not supposed to happen, he's not a SAG actor, but they needed the patch last minute so he did it himself).

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3008&p=.htm

Looks like this might be the end of the Narnia franchise...although there will be a temptation to bring the two older kids back for one more go at it.

Prince Caspian made over $425 million globally but cost $225 million or so, and that doesn't even include marketing costs, which were huge. I think the budget for this one came in around "only" $145 million but it's going to struggle to make $20-22 million this weekend. That's a really soft opening...of course, they're banking on the Christmas/New Year's holiday, but when you lose to the likes of Eragon, there are serious problems with the franchise.

I think everyone is just about exhausted with 3D overcharging one year later for movie-going experiences that don't come close to matching Avatar, How to Train Your Dragon or even the latest Resident Evil.

But, if they're making yet another Piranha movie, maybe they'll do another Narnia or Phillip Pullman novel. But don't count on it.

Captain Hugh JACKman, lol....would have been strange, but I think he would have been an excellent choice as well

Forgetting Sarah Marshall 3.5/4.0

Date Night 2.75/4.0

The Town 3.75/4.0

Megamind 3.25/4.0

I Love You Phillip Morris 3.5/4.0

Easy A 3.5/4.0

JACKASS 3-D 2.75/4.00 (although kind of silly to try to objectively rate any of those movies)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 13, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
God damn. The world did not need more Captain Jack Sparrow.

At least the music still gets me pumped up for an obviously unrelated reason!

What's the problem with it? I thoroughly enjoyed the first three, and I like all of the actors in this one (Depp, Rush, McShane).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 12:29 PM)
I thought #3 was just awful.

I didn't like #3 either but they are getting rid of Will and Elizabeth who were the worst major characters in the series and hopefully they just make the storyline less unnecessarily convoluted this time.