Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Richard Roeper gave "Nightmare" a B. Kind of surprised but I usually like what he likes, with a few exceptions.

13% on Rotten Tomatoes. Maybe I'll check it out on netflix. No way I'd spend $10 at the theater.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
13% on Rotten Tomatoes. Maybe I'll check it out on netflix. No way I'd spend $10 at the theater.

Ditto. Although I may get a pass from work to see it.

New Nightmare is f***ing awesome. If you don't like that, then you're really trying to not like it.

It was well done.

Disclaimer: I never see horror remakes and was dragged to it. It's awesome.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:22 AM)
Watched an excellent documentary on netflix instant watch tonight.

'We Live in Public'

Highly recommended.

word, saw that at columbia missouri's "true/false film festival" which is an awesome event if any of you are cool and like nice s***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
New Nightmare is f***ing awesome. If you don't like that, then you're really trying to not like it.

It was well done.

Disclaimer: I never see horror remakes and was dragged to it. It's awesome.

I dont why people let a review decide if they are going to see a movie or not.. how are you gonna let someone else tell you if you like something or not? Just go see it for yourself..

But yeah Steve, I thought it was awesome too..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
I dont why people let a review decide if they are going to see a movie or not.. how are you gonna let someone else tell you if you like something or not? Just go see it for yourself..

It depends on the review. If I guy gives it however many stars, that doesn't influence me. It is what he likes or doesn't like. If he doesn't ike something about a movie that I usually like, I'll see it whatever grade it gets.

I liked Craven version so much that I don't have any interest in racing and seeing the remake. I don't get why it was made besides money.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
I liked Craven version so much that I don't have any interest in racing and seeing the remake. I don't get why it was made besides money.

Ill be honest with you, aside from far less jokes from Freddy I didn't really see a big difference between the two versions.. I thought they did a good job of establishing the story, and unlike other horror remakes there was a lot more to this film than just a gore fest.. which, it wasn't even really much of that either..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 1, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)

I don't go off of one review. I'll use Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic which compile every single review of the movie. If 90% of film critics crap on a movie, chances are it probably sucks.

Horror movies - especially remakes - never get good reviews from critics by and large.

Critics are people who see so many films that they need to be stimulated by a new idea in order to like something; not necessarily just entertained like the majority of movie-goers.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Horror movies - especially remakes - never get good reviews from critics by and large.

Critics are people who see so many films that they need to be stimulated by a new idea in order to like something; not necessarily just entertained like the majority of movie-goers.

Another reason why I use those 2 sites. I'm not a big fan of popcorn movies.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)

I can tell you this much..

If you enjoyed the original A Nightmare on Elm Street there is no way you wont enjoy this one..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 1, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
Ill be honest with you, aside from far less jokes from Freddy I didn't really see a big difference between the two versions.. I thought they did a good job of establishing the story, and unlike other horror remakes there was a lot more to this film than just a gore fest.. which, it wasn't even really much of that either..

I recently watched all seven in the nightmare on elm street series in two days. Dream warriors (third one) is the one in which the ball really gets rolling humor wise. New nightmare (the seventh) is pretty damn awesome as far as i'm concerned, though there are people who hate it. I'm convinced they do not understand what wes craven was intending.

Anyway i'm gonna put on motel hell now... i will be disappointed if you have not seen it flash.

Edited by qwerty

Fraser was pretty good in Crash, and I have heard good things about Gods and Monsters as well. He picks and chooses his drama roles, then bankrolls himself with silly crap that kids will go see.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 3, 2010 -> 07:39 AM)
Fraser was pretty good in Crash, and I have heard good things about Gods and Monsters as well. He picks and chooses his drama roles, then bankrolls himself with silly crap that kids will go see.

He was good in Gods and Monsters, although not as god Ian McKellen was. He was fine in Encino Man and Air Heads as well because the roles suited his relative lack of acting ability. And he was good in the first Mummy film because it was fun and campy on purpose.

I I also liked Monkeybone because it was a quirky film, but Fraser was not all that good in it.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 3, 2010 -> 07:02 AM)
He was good in Gods and Monsters, although not as god Ian McKellen was. He was fine in Encino Man and Air Heads as well because the roles suited his relative lack of acting ability. And he was good in the first Mummy film because it was fun and campy on purpose.

I I also liked Monkeybone because it was a quirky film, but Fraser was not all that good in it.

Yeah I was going to say, I think he was pretty ideal in the Mummy movies.