Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also saw Iron Man 2. Be prepared to be entertained, but not impressed. I think this movie would get better reviews had the first one not been so good.

IRON MAN 2=2.75 stars (first one was far better, Scar-Jo is cute and thinner and spunky, but MEHHH like Teahen and Transformers 2...if Robert Downey, Jr., wasn't such a talented actor, it would be worse, Mickey Rourke was ridiculous and I missed the seriously underrated Terrence Howard)

KICK-ASS=3.25 stars (I liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would, but understand those fixated on the over-the-top violence too)

Has anyone seen How To Train Your Dragon?

Not for me, just considering whether the 3-D cost would be worth it for a 13-14 year old boy....my g/f and I would be taking him to the movies. That movie has held up remarkably well in the theatres.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
Don Cheadle was TERRIBLE in Iron Man 2.

The CGI and Robert Downey Jr. were the only two reasons to see that movie. Everything else was very underwhelming.

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
How to Train Your Dragon is an awesome movie. Very underrated. Funny yet pretty serious in some parts too. If I had to see it again in the theaters it would be in 3-d.

It's at 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, 8.3 on IMDB and has made $200M at the box office, I'm not sure "underrated" is the right word for it.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:25 AM)
Omg! New J.J. Abrams trailer produced by Steven Spielberg that apparently plays with Iron Man. I have a boner!

I'll be there opening night. Looks VERY intersting.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
I thought Terrence Howard was the one that split.

I don't remember. My understanding from the headlines I browsed was something like Howard wanted more money and Paramount (or whoever) said no so he left.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 9, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
I don't remember. My understanding from the headlines I browsed was something like Howard wanted more money and Paramount (or whoever) said no so he left.

Here's the story

QUOTE (G&T @ May 9, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
Here's the story

I dont get that one bit, I thought Howard was awesome in the first Iron Man and the perfect actor for the role, imo from the get go Don Cheadle didn't sound like a good person for the role and I was pretty upset that they changed actors. Maybe Im wrong, but I thought the general public was perfectly fine with the job Howard did in the first Iron Man.

Meh. Both Howard and Cheadle are very forgettable in the role. That being said it's a pretty fun action movie. I didn't really dig Mickey Rourke's character. I'm still trying to figure out what his beef was, and I couldn't really figure out if he was a bad guy or a good guy. And all that stuff about the new element... chincy plot device that made my eyes gloss over.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ May 10, 2010 -> 02:46 AM)
Meh. Both Howard and Cheadle are very forgettable in the role. That being said it's a pretty fun action movie. I didn't really dig Mickey Rourke's character. I'm still trying to figure out what his beef was, and I couldn't really figure out if he was a bad guy or a good guy. And all that stuff about the new element... chincy plot device that made my eyes gloss over.

His beef was with the Stark legacy and their role in the cold war, wasnt it?